So mad at hairloss!!!

diehunnen123

Banned
Reaction score
everyday i look in the mirror i get so damn mad looking at my hair. I'm 18 years old and my ****ing hairline is receding at an incredible rate, it literally gets worse day by day. Ive been on rogain foam on hairline and taking 1.25mg finasteride a day and its still ****ing receding. i don't even recognize myself in the mirror anymore. I'm so ****ing depressed about this ****!

wm81

Reaction score
Just hopped on the forums myself, thinking prevention is gonna serve me better and accepting fate if it is headed my way.

Illusions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just try not to worry you're on treatments so it can only get better, stay strong.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of hair loss, the medical condition most people never care about. It's a sad thing how much apathy is given towards the burden of hair loss. We really are on our own with this ordeal that is so often misunderstood.

Steelers

Reaction score
I wouldnt be mad since there are other things in life that people suffer from that cant be managed. At least we are affected by something that can be managed

Illusions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldnt be mad since there are other things in life that people suffer from that cant be managed. At least we are affected by something that can be managed

However there's also people who keep a good head of hair all their life

shookwun

Reaction score
Should be enough incentive to save up money, and get a transplant in a few years.

lionheart

Reaction score
i have major depression from other causes and obviously balding is contributing to how awful i feel on a day to day basis, it's not helping so i know how you feel there, sadly. You just need to do what you can.. rogaine, finasteride, nizoral shampoo etc.. just tackle and prevent it while you can

i know people say to just accept it but i understand 100% that its difficult. I'm 24 and started losing it around 20... on the scale, i'm a Norwood 2 or 3, i believe... I know fine well it's impossible to accept as easy as people tell you to.. I wish I could and hopefully one day we will if the treatment we're on now doesnt help

I wish you well. Update the forum on how you get on. It could help others

Dutchie

Established Member
Reaction score
I know how you feel.

When I was younger I was a real headturner. Girls would whistle at me or give me second looks wherever I went.
That all went out the window as I started going more and more bald.

I'm going for a transplant. I've been told because I have natural wavy/curly hair and a big forelock I'm an excellent candidate

vurog

Reaction score
@Dutchie

Where are you going for your transplant and do you know any good derm's around Toronto?

JonG

Reaction score
everyday i look in the mirror i get so damn mad looking at my hair. I'm 18 years old and my ****ing hairline is receding at an incredible rate, it literally gets worse day by day. Ive been on rogain foam on hairline and taking 1.25mg finasteride a day and its still ****ing receding. i don't even recognize myself in the mirror anymore. I'm so ****ing depressed about this ****!

Hang in there brother. I'm pushing 40 and still doing ok but I get so jealous when seeing co-workers or even strangers with amazing hair. At 18, you may want to shave it off and I'd bet you'd look pretty good. Good luck.

JMelly1988

Reaction score
Don't rush into anything

Hang in there brother. I'm pushing 40 and still doing ok but I get so jealous when seeing co-workers or even strangers with amazing hair. At 18, you may want to shave it off and I'd bet you'd look pretty good. Good luck.

Hi diehunnen123 - Merry Christmas by the way,

I just want to mirror what Jon said. Like you, I started losing my hair young - about 17, I think; I had a mop at the time so never saw it coming.

I also got a lot of attention from girls, but as I'm gay and there weren't many near where I went to school, that wasn't exactly very useful.

When I went to uni, it was still decent and although receding, I still looked alright.

Fast forward to 2015 and nearly all of it's gone. Everyone told me to my face I looked years older than I was. I'd been to hairloss clinics in London who are the best at what they do and they said - which I appreciate - that there honestly was nothing they could do for me.

I kept what I had left short and in August set off on a trip to America - something I wasn't aware of is how much humidity there is in Miami in August (dumb European here!) That was the catalyst. I was so sick of walking around feeling soaking and filthy all the time that I just shaved it all off with clippers. I looked in the mirror and had the biggest smile I've seen since I was your age - I'm 27 now.

The result? People no longer gasp when I tell them how old I am; I walk into clubs and turn heads again and I'm currently seeing a gorgeous guy I think the world of. This has all happened since AUGUST.

My point is, I want you to understand that being young and going bald, while not great, is better than it happening at 35+ in many ways. You can get over this loss early if you want to and, instead of spending the next 10-15 years dreading this horrible phenomenon, you'll have liberated yourself. I'm not saying don't look into/ have surgery. Just consider buzzing your head and seeing how it looks. At the end of the day, spending £10 on a pair of clippers and shaving your head without the guard is not a great expense and put it this way, if you do get surgery, you'll probably need to shave it that close anyway, so you may as well get used to it.

Take care and Happy New Year.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know how you feel.

When I was younger I was a real headturner. Girls would whistle at me or give me second looks wherever I went.
That all went out the window as I started going more and more bald.

I'm going for a transplant. I've been told because I have natural wavy/curly hair and a big forelock I'm an excellent candidate

Honestly bro, it's the face that matters. Unless you have a deformed head shape, being bald will not turn you from being so attractive as u describe to being ugly as hell. Like yeah you're going to lose points but it's not like you're just gonna instantly be ugly

diehunnen123

Banned
Reaction score
Why do you post that pic on every topic?
Your hair is clearly fine. Either you're trolling everyone or you have severe self esteem issues and need to be complimented all the time.

because i remember reading all these bs threads about minoxidil destroying peoples hairlines beote starting it, i was so worried i almost wasnt gonna try it. i just want to show prople that this stuff works

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent hair. Where is the recession? I can't see it.

my hairline was pretty bad 2 months ago. see for yourself.
http://postimg.org/gallery/cxaxqoig/

wakka12

Reaction score
yup it sucks. But nothing to do except take meds and hope for the best. I don't know if Im balding, but in case I am, and just for general happiness, Im working out and getting to 10% body fat, tanning, growing a beard that suits me, and getting surgery to correct my ears which stick out. If Im not balding it'll make me look a lot better, and if I am balding and the meds don't work so well for me then at least I wont be unsightly.