So Is Soya Good Or Bad For Hairloss?

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The whole thing is kinda confusing. i hear mixed things. is Soya good or bad for hairloss? does it have a negative effect on male pattern baldness hormones?

INT

Reaction score
The whole thing is kinda confusing. i hear mixed things. is Soya good or bad for hairloss? does it have a negative effect on male pattern baldness hormones?

The phytoestrogens in soy have very low binding affinity with your receptors so I highly doubt it has a significant bad or good response on your hair. For the same reason, a lot of myths around soy giving you man boobs etc are also not true but for some reason still false common knowledge for a lot of people.

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well i been trying to cut down on gluten and diary. so really Soya is the next best thing. and i heard it might have some effect on estrogen and that could add to making hairloss worse?

INT

Reaction score
Well i been trying to cut down on gluten and diary. so really Soya is the next best thing. and i heard it might have some effect on estrogen and that could add to making hairloss worse?

Conclusion of this meta-analysis based on 15 placebo-controlled treatment groups:

"The results of this meta-analysis suggest that neither soy foods nor isoflavone supplements alter measures of bioavailable T concentrations in men."