So is it true that Propecia is dangerous? Law suit?

Mestys

Established Member
Reaction score
MisterMister said:
Do you take propecia? If so how long have you been on the stuff? I took it for 3 years and it helped my hair loss. I also took it with MSM and it made my hair thicker and grow faster. The only reason I stopped taking it was because someone tole me that you will loss your memory after 5-10 years use and that you will not have normal kids. He than told me to take Saw Palmetto and told me to use his link and coupon code because that is the only true Saw Palmetto brand that will work.

LOL, oh dear oh dear.

Ende

Reaction score
cassin said:
Enden said:
The bad information comes from Merck and the FDA. Take a look at independent studies and the post marketing experience if you want the truth about the drug.

The drug is dangerous, and Merck is now facing law suits because of it.

Bad information I am referring to is Alzheimers and Dementia. If it does that...I would love to see proof.
Finasteride has been proven to f*** up levels of neurohormones, which may lead to mental problems and perhaps even diseases.

Ende

Reaction score
cassin said:
Don't take anyones side. Go see a Dr....whatever a Dr says is far more valid than anything me or anyone else has to say on the internet.
Yeah, right. You do know that they're educated by Merck and the FDA?

Ende

Reaction score
Mestys said:
MisterMister said:
Do you take propecia? If so how long have you been on the stuff? I took it for 3 years and it helped my hair loss. I also took it with MSM and it made my hair thicker and grow faster. The only reason I stopped taking it was because someone tole me that you will loss your memory after 5-10 years use and that you will not have normal kids. He than told me to take Saw Palmetto and told me to use his link and coupon code because that is the only true Saw Palmetto brand that will work.

LOL, oh dear oh dear.
I may add that saw palmetto is a reductase inhibitor too - just like finasteride.

Cassin

Reaction score
Enden said:
cassin said:
Enden said:
The bad information comes from Merck and the FDA. Take a look at independent studies and the post marketing experience if you want the truth about the drug.

The drug is dangerous, and Merck is now facing law suits because of it.

Bad information I am referring to is Alzheimers and Dementia. If it does that...I would love to see proof.
Finasteride has been proven to f*ck up levels of neurohormones, which may lead to mental problems and perhaps even diseases.

May or may not do is a huge leap to it causing Alzheimer's and Dementia.

Cassin

Reaction score
Enden said:
cassin said:
Don't take anyones side. Go see a Dr....whatever a Dr says is far more valid than anything me or anyone else has to say on the internet.
Internet forum paranoia doesn't exactly measure up to what a Dr knows.

You think bad of the FDA? Fine. So do I but to dismiss knowledge a Drs knowledge over sh*t read over the Internet is mindless.

MisterMister

Established Member
Reaction score
cassin said:
Enden said:
cassin said:

You think bad of the FDA? Fine. So do I but to dismiss knowledge a Drs knowledge over sh*t read over the Internet is mindless.

This Enden guy seems dangerous. He recommended another drug, and when I searched it the drug has NOT been tested, and it had far more side effects than Finasteride! Why would he down finasteride but promote a drug that has not be tested, and is not FDA approved and could far be more dangerous?

I dont get it.

Ende

Reaction score
MisterMister said:
This Enden guy seems dangerous. He recommended another drug, and when I searched it the drug has NOT been tested, and it had far more side effects than Finasteride! Why would he down finasteride but promote a drug that has not be tested, and is not FDA approved and could far be more dangerous?

I dont get it.
You claim that RU58841 hasn't been tested, yet it has more side effects than finasteride... RU58841 reached phase II trials. It's a TOPICAL anti-androgen with short half-life, that's more potent than cyproterone acetate. The way that it works- and is metabolized by the body, is thoroughly studied. The vehicle had some problems concerning safety. The drug was absorbed too fast, which increased systemic absorption. One of the drug's metabolites is a potent anti-androgen with much longer half-life - and this made the problem worse. Moreover, they were concerned about safety around pregnant women, as anti-androgens are known to cause serious birth defects in males. Some new, patented RU58841 solutions known as the Kraemer & Bohn solutions solves these issues.

That a drug has been approved by the FDA, does NOT mean that it's properly studied and safe. There is a reason negative, post marketing experience is reported for most drugs. RU58841 is safer than finasteride because of two reasons: 1) It's used as a topical treatment. Local treatment is ALWAYS safer than systemic treatment. 2) It's an anti-androgen that blocks androgen receptors for a while. Finasteride makes changes to your endocrine system, and those changes may not be reversible.

And just for the record, you asked me what I was using. I didn't recommend you anything!

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
amalgamated said:
If you want to effectively be a Merck beta tester, screwing around with your endocrine system for a cosmetic condition... take Propecia.

Explain to me, how do you "beta test" a drug that has been on the market for 20 years and prescribed to tens of millions of men? I hope you can also explain the rest of your post, because it also made little sense. Are you accusing the owners of this website of some sort of shady deals or wrongdoing? If so, please elaborate.

Ende

Reaction score
cassin said:
Enden said:
cassin said:

I've seen enough doctors over the last three years, to know exactly what I'm talking about.

Mestys

Established Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
Mestys said:
MisterMister said:

LOL, oh dear oh dear.
I may add that saw palmetto is a reductase inhibitor too - just like finasteride.

Enden

I'm fully aware that Saw Palmetto is a 5AR inhibitor. I was laughing at the fact MisterMister was told about the "devastating" effects of Finasteride and then told to purchase Saw Palmetto from a specific link because that is the only saw palmetto brand that works. Just goes to show the type of people spreading BS about Finasteride. In fact I think Saw Palmetto is a load of BS anyway.

Ende

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not that retarded... :p I thought the same thing as you, and just added the information, because mistermister can't be aware of it.