So is it true that Propecia is dangerous? Law suit?

MisterMister

Established Member
Reaction score
First I would like to tell a bit about myself ,.

I've been taking the generic proscar and cutting it in 4 pieces, but I stopped recently because I saw the propecia website was shut down. Then I saw there was a lawsuit saying the drug is very dangerous, that it can cause dementia and alzheimers, and permanent impotence and suicidal thoughts.

I have to admit when I was on the stuff it stopped my hairloss, I was on it for 3 years, I took the 1.25 mg every other day. But I did lose some libido, had some forgetfulness, like I forgot some names of actors and couldn't remember them, I also had a bit of depression, and occasional testicular pain.

So I stopped. I tried Saw Palmetto for 60 days, even though I didn't feel any side effects it really didn't show any stopping of hairloss it just was shedding. Someday I wouldn't shed, but I would lose like 10 hairs in the show after shampooing. But I stopped Saw Palmetto because people said it will kill your sex drive completely.

So now I am pretty much stuck, I will just have to deal with going bald at 30 and the worst part is I do not have a nice shaped head, when I shaved my hair to the skin completely bald just to see how I would look people laughed at me and said I looked like an alien.

So is this true that propecia is being removed because they don't want to be sued? Is there any other hairloss treatment that works and is safe or all of them pretty much kill your libido?

I didn't want to use Rogaine foam because I heard its a hassle and you have to do it everyday 2 times a day to see any results and the hair still sheds daily and its weak thin hairs. Plus my friend said it made him have a throbbing headache and his heart rate increased on rogaine.

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow I can't believe it. I guess people were listening after all.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
god damnit... none of that is true.
Do you watch daytime television? Every drug is being sued nowadays...

MisterMister

Established Member
Reaction score
2020 said:
god damnit... none of that is true.
Do you watch daytime television? Every drug is being sued nowadays...

Why did they take there site down, and put up a number to report side effects only.

www.propecia.com go check for yourself.

I don't know if it's safe because the Alzheimer and Dementia claims are nothing to joke around with.

MisterMister

Established Member
Reaction score
Ben said:
If only drugs which caused no side effects were approved there would be no drugs available at all.

Propecia is not being removed from the market.

So is it safe? I am just scared of getting Dementia because guys are claiming it causes dementia and Alzheimer's now.

Do you still take it? It was the only thing that prevented hairloss for me, and now I came off it because of the lawsuit and Merck pulling the site down with info on side effects

MisterMister

Established Member
Reaction score
Ben said:
Im on it still and have no plans to come off it. If it was dangerous as claimed then its highly likely it would have been removed by the FDA

Well it looks like that is what is going to happen right now, its under investigation. How long have you been on it?

Can you still have kids while on it? or will your kids be deformed?

I was on it for 3 years, and it really worked it helped keep the hair what I had and regrew some on the crown. But claims of memory loss and Alzheimer's after prolonged isn't enough to scare you?

MisterMister

Established Member
Reaction score
cassin said:
You need to do a lot of research and stop asking such questions on forums. You are boiling over with bad information.

Bad information? How do I tell the difference? I have one side telling me to take it and that side seems not to care about side effects and just taking a blind leap, the other side is saying its dangerous and a law suit that has made Merck think twice about even continuing making the product.

Which side should I take?

right now I am on Saw Palmetto (don't really no if its working) and Nizoral, I stopped taking the Proscar cut in 4 because I read that people cannot have normal kids on finasteride and that you will get Alzheimer's with prolong usage.

Ende

Reaction score
The bad information comes from Merck and the FDA. Take a look at independent studies and the post marketing experience if you want the truth about the drug.

The drug is dangerous, and Merck is now facing law suits because of it.

MisterMister

Established Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
The bad information comes from Merck and the FDA. Take a look at independent studies and the post marketing experience if you want the truth about the drug.

This is what I am thinking, because why else would they shut down their website and leave up a number for people who have side effects to call to?

The law suit must be serious. And I did feel moments of forgetfulness, teste pain, and depression. I never had depression before.

What do you take for hairloss Enden?

Ende

Reaction score
I'm currently using Kraemer & Bohn's 5% RU58841 solution. I recently experimented with 1% CB-03-01 cream for two months, but that RU58841 solution is more effective. I'll move on to CB-03-01 again, as soon as patent information on a liquid vehicle is released.

I'm going to experiment with OSH101 - a growth stimulant, soon. We're currently planning a group order on a private forum.

MisterMister

Established Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
I'm currently using Kraemer & Bohn's 5% RU58841 solution. I recently experimented with 1% CB-03-01 cream for two months, but that RU58841 solution is more effective. I'll move on to CB-03-01 again, as soon as patent information on a liquid vehicle is released.

I'm going to experiment with OSH101 - a growth stimulant, soon. We're currently planning a group order on a private forum.

This actually sounds more dangerous than Finasteride, just reading the side effects and lack of testing. :(

amalgamated

Reaction score
cassin said:
You need to do a lot of research and stop asking such questions on forums. You are boiling over with bad information.

If you want to effectively be a Merck beta tester, screwing around with your endocrine system for a cosmetic condition... take Propecia.

Forum rules
Please remember that this forum is not an accurate representation of how common side effects are. The minority who do experience them tend to seek out online sources for help. Clinical study data is the only reliable source for this information.

Bear in mind people that obscure their identity and have paid to create and host this site - profit from guys clicking on ads and being sales leads for surgical hair transplantation M.D.'s.

If the people that own this site felt right about it... they wouldn't hide.

Registrant:
Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0129153591
96 Mowat Ave
Toronto, ON M6K 3M1
CA

Domain name: HAIRLOSSTALK.COM

Administrative Contact:
Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0129153591,
96 Mowat Ave
Toronto, ON M6K 3M1
CA
+1.4165385457
Technical Contact:

Cassin

Reaction score
amalgamated said:
cassin said:

If you want to effectively be a Merck beta tester, screwing around with your endocrine system for a cosmetic condition... take Propecia.

Forum rules
Please remember that this forum is not an accurate representation of how common side effects are. The minority who do experience them tend to seek out online sources for help. Clinical study data is the only reliable source for this information.

Bear in mind people that obscure their identity and have paid to create and host this site - profit from guys clicking on ads and being sales leads for surgical hair transplantation M.D.'s.

If the people that own this site felt right about it... they wouldn't hide.

Registrant:
Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0129153591
96 Mowat Ave
Toronto, ON M6K 3M1
CA

Domain name: HAIRLOSSTALK.COM

Administrative Contact:
96 Mowat Ave
Toronto, ON M6K 3M1
CA
+1.4165385457
Technical Contact:

huh?

Cassin

Reaction score
Enden said:

Bad information I am referring to is Alzheimers and Dementia. If it does that...I would love to see proof.

Cassin

Reaction score
MisterMister said:
cassin said:

Bad information? How do I tell the difference? I have one side telling me to take it and that side seems not to care about side effects and just taking a blind leap, the other side is saying its dangerous and a law suit that has made Merck think twice about even continuing making the product.

right now I am on Saw Palmetto (don't really no if its working) and Nizoral, I stopped taking the Proscar cut in 4 because I read that people cannot have normal kids on finasteride and that you will get Alzheimer's with prolong usage.

Don't take anyones side. Go see a Dr....whatever a Dr says is far more valid than anything me or anyone else has to say on the internet. Get blood work done....do this right.

MisterMister

Established Member
Reaction score
cassin said:
MisterMister said:
cassin said:

Don't take anyones side. Go see a Dr....whatever a Dr says is far more valid than anything me or anyone else has to say on the internet. Get blood work done....do this right.

Do you take propecia? If so how long have you been on the stuff? I took it for 3 years and it helped my hair loss. I also took it with MSM and it made my hair thicker and grow faster. The only reason I stopped taking it was because someone tole me that you will loss your memory after 5-10 years use and that you will not have normal kids. He than told me to take Saw Palmetto and told me to use his link and coupon code because that is the only true Saw Palmetto brand that will work.