So I'm practically bald now

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisBlows

Reaction score
Oh my god. Bald people getting pissed off at those who are thinning/balding like a mofo.
That's so pathetic. If you have noticable hairloss, were in the same shitty boat because were headed down the same fkin alley.

s.a.f

Reaction score
We may be heading down the same alley but we're not in the same boat.
A guy who is 50yrs old and starting to feel his age is not in the same boat as a guy who is 90 and at deaths door.
A rich guy who has earned $200k for the past 10 yrs and loses his job is not in the same boat as a guy who only earns $20k and loses his job.

Still having 90% of your hair is a different boat to having only 10% of your hair left.

ThisBlows

Reaction score
So you would agree losing your hair in your mid teens is just as damn depressing? i've worried about this sh*t most of my adult life. Some people start losing in their 30's and think its all going to sh*t. Its like DUDE. At least you had some time to enjoy yourself.

CCS

Reaction score
I just looked at his picture in the first page. He looks like he has no hair loss at all, except his hairline is 1/3 inch too high. I wish I had his hair. I'd get a 1/3 inch partial for the front, and if I ever felt like not wearing it, I doubt people would know what looked different. They would just say I looked older today. Then I'd put it back on when I wanted to look my best.

Really ghg. You are the biggest complainer ever. Just use propecia and nizoral and get a front partial to lower your hairline 1/4 inch or so if you really want.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ThisBlows said:
Oh my god. Bald people getting pissed off at those who are thinning/balding like a mofo.
That's so pathetic. If you have noticable hairloss, were in the same shitty boat because were headed down the same fkin alley.

It's not even close.

The thing that you are fearing having happen to you, is what a bald guy IS GOING THROUGH. It's so different. Worrying about going through something is not the same as actually going through it. Understand?

I would give ANYTHING to be balding and not bald.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A rich guy who has earned $200k for the past 10 yrs and loses his job is not in the same boat as a guy who only earns $20k and loses his job.

Why? What one is worse? Surely it depends on your circumstances. Children, responsibilities etc..

This argument is a joke. Hairloss is as bad as the person feels it is. If you are a NW3 and struggle to cope or a NW6 and struggle equally to cope, therefore you are both in the same boat.

Sure, when you are a NW6 you wish you were a NW3, however, the NW3 is equally struggling as the NW6.

amsch

Reaction score
@s.a.f.: Just because you didn't catch your hairloss early enough, you see everyone who isn't at least a NW3 as NOT balding. (I'm not only refering to this case here).

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Oh no, not this thread again. :shakehead: In theory, it is better to be an NW3 than an NW6 simply because you have more options, period. I'm not saying it doesn't suck to be in the process of loosing hair, but in GHG's case, he has tried the meds and got some sides and had to stop taking them. So his situation is worse than someone similar but who is a good responder, because he has to watch it deteriorate over time knowing that there is next to nothing he can do about it.
@amsh, SAF never said anything under a nw3 isn't balding, he said an nw3 and under isn't BALD. The difference has been worked to death, so shame on you for bringing it up again :nono:

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
In theory, it is better to be an NW3 than an NW6 simply because you have more options, period. I'm not saying it doesn't suck to be in the process of loosing hair, but in GHG's case, he has tried the meds and got some sides and had to stop taking them. So his situation is worse than someone similar but who is a good responder, because he has to watch it deteriorate over time knowing that there is next to nothing he can do about it.

Agree 100%

It's also very had to be positive when you are a NW3 and losing fast because you are going to be a NW6 eventually. It sucks all round really. Useless arguing over it.

Petchsky

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
ThisBlows said:

It's not even close.

The thing that you are fearing having happen to you, is what a bald guy IS GOING THROUGH. It's so different. Worrying about going through something is not the same as actually going through it. Understand?

I would give ANYTHING to be balding and not bald.

But you would still END UP bald. I know how hard hair loss is to deal with, but once you have lost all your hair you have no choice but to accept it in my mind, the worst part of going bald is watching yourself go from a NW2, NW3, and then losing the hairline altogether and taking on the horseshoe pattern, once that has happened you have gone through the worst of it, it will still suck being bald, but it should not stop you from living a normal life.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Atleast, if you get bald in your early 20s, you will still look as young 30 years later.

s.a.f

Reaction score
amsch said:
@s.a.f.: Just because you didn't catch your hairloss early enough, you see everyone who isn't at least a NW3 as NOT balding. (I'm not only refering to this case here).

Please show any post where I said NW3 is'nt Balding? :dunno:

I dont mind NW2's/3's being on here but I do object to them calling themselves bald and saying its as bad as a NW6/7.

I have been through this sh*t remember :roll: I certainly did'nt like having hairloss in its early stages but compared to whats to come its a breeze.

Fanjeera said:
Atleast, if you get bald in your early 20s, you will still look as young 30 years later.

No, you will just look older at a young age. How many times have you seen bald actors playing characters older than themselves and actors with NW1's playing characters younger than themselves.

CCS

Reaction score
I swear people would be less depressed if they just gave a custom, single strand, swiss lace hair piece or partial a try. And use Nizoral for your side hair so it does not thin as fast. Get a back up with thin skin perimeter for ease. you can wear it while you clean the swiss lace.

Even if you decide it is too much hassle for now, you will feel a lot better about life just knowing you have the option. Until you try it, you question how good it can look. I tried it. Coolpiece messed my order up, but it still made me look a lot better than I was before, and women stopped me on the sidewalk to make sure I said hi to them. I just kept it brief and got out of there fast because I had not yet figured out how to glue the front down right.

I'm not wearing now because I'm spending all my money on laser hair removal and not trying to date any women. I figure by the time I'm done with laser and have a tan afterwards, I'll have 10 pounds more muscle by then and can get a hair piece then. Yeah, I'm not totally bald, and people might not notice the transition. But you can wear a hat starting 6 months before you get it, and I know 90% of people will forget, and you can tell the other 10% propecia grew your hair back and they can't prove a thing if you do the piece right. Just wear a hat over it till you get the skill down.

barcafan

Reaction score
CCS said:
I swear people would be less depressed if they just gave a custom, single strand, swiss lace hair piece or partial a try. And use Nizoral for your side hair so it does not thin as fast. Get a back up with thin skin perimeter for ease. you can wear it while you clean the swiss lace.

Even if you decide it is too much hassle for now, you will feel a lot better about life just knowing you have the option. Until you try it, you question how good it can look. I tried it. Coolpiece messed my order up, but it still made me look a lot better than I was before, and women stopped me on the sidewalk to make sure I said hi to them. I just kept it brief and got out of there fast because I had not yet figured out how to glue the front down right.

I'm not wearing now because I'm spending all my money on laser hair removal and not trying to date any women. I figure by the time I'm done with laser and have a tan afterwards, I'll have 10 pounds more muscle by then and can get a hair piece then. Yeah, I'm not totally bald, and people might not notice the transition. But you can wear a hat starting 6 months before you get it, and I know 90% of people will forget, and you can tell the other 10% propecia grew your hair back and they can't prove a thing if you do the piece right. Just wear a hat over it till you get the skill down.

hahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahaha

spinner2

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm curious about what GHG's hair would look like if he grew it out.

My hair is also see through on top when I buzz it to 1/2" length, but once it gets to 1.5" or so on top it starts to look pretty good.

My feeling is that if he lets it grow to 2" or so he'll be surprised by how much thicker it looks.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
spinner2 said:

My hair is also see through on top when I buzz it to 1/2" length, but once it gets to 1.5" or so on top it starts to look pretty good.

My feeling is that if he lets it grow to 2" or so he'll be surprised by how much thicker it looks.

I constantly let it grow for 2 weeks after buzzing and it's probably 2 cm or so then, and I'm telling you, it doesn't look good. If it would look good, I'd try to grow it out but I always end up buzzing it again.

Quantum Cat said:
I'd say you're probably in the early stages of diffuse thinning.

I'd say, with the certainty as the only rightful owner of my head hair, that you're positively, most likely, definitely, very wrong.

amsch

Reaction score
hey ghg..

forget about this. I really think the buzzed cut suits you, you look pretty young with it.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
ghg said:
spinner2 said:

I constantly let it grow for 2 weeks after buzzing and it's probably 2 cm or so then, and I'm telling you, it doesn't look good. If it would look good, I'd try to grow it out but I always end up buzzing it again.

Quantum Cat said:
I'd say you're probably in the early stages of diffuse thinning.

I'd say, with the certainty as the only rightful owner of my head hair, that you're positively, most likely, definitely, very wrong.

OK then, you're not thinning at all. Is that what you wanted to hear?

Status
Not open for further replies.