so i let my hair grow a bit and freaking out * PICS*

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
SO I MADE MY HAIR GROW OUT A BIT AND REALIZED MY HAIR IS THINNING HORSE SHOE PATTERN THE BACK IS DIFFUSE TOO AROUND THE CROWN

THESE PICS ARE TAKEN TODAY WHICH ARE 2 MONTHS AND 2 WEEKS OF PROPECIA

2diiphc.jpg

sglg6d.jpg

2lbco6x.jpg

14ag6za.jpg

wwkwhu.jpg

fasodg.jpg

APPRECIATE IT IF I GET RESPONSES NOT ONLY WATCHERS

I TRY AND HELP YOU GUYS OUT WOULD APPRECIATE THE SAME

Reaction score
To be honest, while there's some thinning, your hair looks like pretty good.

I'm a difused thinner myself, and my hair looks a bit like yours, except your hair has more areas that look darker and thicker than mine.

If it makes you feel better, if someone said I could trade my hair for yours, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DragonQuestFan said:
To be honest, while there's some thinning, your hair looks like pretty good.

I'm a difused thinner myself, and my hair looks a bit like yours, except your hair has more areas that look darker and thicker than mine.

If it makes you feel better, if someone said I could trade my hair for yours, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

thanks for the response and compliment :)

but just wondering whats your regime like?

im on propecia for 2 months and 2 weeks

do i got a chance that it will all fill in?

Reaction score
I'm on the big three.

I've been on finasteride for almost two years, and used 5% min 2x daily for about a year.

About three months before I started on finasteride, I bought the nizoral shampoo and used it like it said on the bottle, which was I used it 2-3 times a week for 8 weeks and then used it about twice a month after that. However, 4 or 5 months ago, I week back to using nizoral 2-3 times a week and continue to do that.

I believe you'll be a good responder to propecia. You could always try rogaine (with the propecia) later, but I'd say stick with propecia for a few more months, maybe even a year.

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DragonQuestFan said:
I'm on the big three.

I've been on finasteride for almost two years, and used 5% min 2x daily for about a year.

About three months before I started on finasteride, I bought the nizoral shampoo and used it like it said on the bottle, which was I used it 2-3 times a week for 8 weeks and then used it about twice a month after that. However, 4 or 5 months ago, I week back to using nizoral 2-3 times a week and continue to do that.

I believe you'll be a good responder to propecia. You could always try rogaine (with the propecia) later, but I'd say stick with propecia for a few more months, maybe even a year.

NICE thanks a lot i really hope propecia fills the thin spots , i really want to jump on xandrox but not sure if i should wait a few months like you said

so are you telling me you got no gains of propecia at all??

or did it maintain?

s.a.f

Reaction score
king- said:
im on propecia for 2 months and 2 weeks

You cant expect results at 2months, yes it could all thicken up but it takes along time. wait another 6 -8 months and compare pics.
Hair thickening like hair thinning does'nt happen overnight.
Frankly if you can hold onto what you've got now you should be grateful, you dont really have a bad problem.

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
[quote="king-":26173x77]im on propecia for 2 months and 2 weeks

You cant expect results at 2months, yes it could all thicken up but it takes along time. wait another 6 -8 months and compare pics.
Hair thickening like hair thinning does'nt happen overnight.
Frankly if you can hold onto what you've got now you should be grateful, you dont really have a bad problem.[/quote:26173x77]

trust me im very grateful , i know i can be in a worst situation theres people out there who are completley bald at my age 21

but im just afraid it will progress , thats all , if i could maintain what i have i would be veryy happy

and im aware that it dosnt happen overnight i was just wondering if i have a chance , regardless if it gets worse or better im gonna ride it out for a year

thanks for the response though appreciate it

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
2.5 months is too short to start freaking out....

And as mentioned already, your hair looks fine as it is... only fellow baldies would notice that you're balding. Just wait another 6 months and then you can decide whether you want to add something like minoxidil to your regimen.

Flavio

Established Member
Reaction score
kalbo said:
[...] Just wait another 6 months and then you can decide whether you want to add something like minoxidil to your regimen.

I agree.

Your hair looks great and, if you're already taking finasteride, you won't have any problems in the future. You probably won't even need to add minoxidil to your regimen.

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
my left temple is going back and im on propecia ,my right temple is perfect

is there such thing as shedding from the temple and it regrows strongers

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
You have nothing to worry about, I can't even tell you're balding from these pics.

Reaction score
king- said:
so are you telling me you got no gains of propecia at all??

or did it maintain?

There has been some regrowth, but before starting treatments my hair was worse off than yours is. I had a lot more thinning (see more scalp) on my crown in addition to diffused thinning throughout.

Also I was older than you (I was almost 27, now I'm 30).

Anyway, like I said, there has been some regrowth, where now, on a good day, it doesn't look like I have any hairloss, except to the most observant person.

Up until I was 26, I could grow my hair long and style it like Edward Furlong in the picture below:

Edward-Furlong.jpg

(Yeah, some might think that's a bad hairstyle, but it gives you an idea of what I had)

I miss styling my hair that way, and I know that, unless I get a hair transplant, it's long shot that my hair will back like that.

While I'm still hoping for more regrowth, if I can maintain what I have now and there's no more reqrowth, I guess I could be happy with it, especially considering where I was before treatments.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
columbo said:
Can you reduce the scale of your pictures so we can see your full head please

Does this happen to people as well? When someone posts big pictures I only have see like half of them, the forum box just cuts them off?

It drives me insane, because it cuts off text a lot of the time as well.

*sorry to crash the thread*

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Tyler_Durden said:
columbo said:
Can you reduce the scale of your pictures so we can see your full head please

Does this happen to people as well? When someone posts big pictures I only have see like half of them, the forum box just cuts them off?

It drives me insane, because it cuts off text a lot of the time as well.

*sorry to crash the thread*

happens to me too , you just need to wait for the page to finish loading and it will go to a good size if not refresh it and wait