So I Finally Started Propecia Today :)

soitbegins

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all been a lurker here a good few months, had my propecia a good few weeks, been debating when to finally take the plunge.

Well today in the UK its bloody hot and i was trying to gel what hair i have! Ended up just almost pulling my hair out with how bad its gotten feels so fine and wirey and i know its only going to get worse if i dont do something!

So after my tantrum i took the plunge iv started on 0.5mg which after a few weeks i will raise to the 1mg if all is well!

Tbh it actually does feel really good to know iv made a step to slow or even stop the hair loss! Been on regaine for over a year but cant say its done massive amounts maybe slowed it down who knows, i will continue using it with the propecia!

Just good to vent on here guys nice meeting you all!

ghenny

My Regimen
Reaction score
I´m on the same point as you, I´ve been on minoxidil for about 10 months and the results were awesome at first. But now the hair has started thinning again, and I wanted to give finasteride a try.

Could you please let us know about the side effects?

I hope you see some improvements and post updates here.

soitbegins

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey 6 day update or w.e it is!

No sides at all so far, no ball ache watery semen or anything like that! Maybe a slight increase in libido not sure! i wouldn't of minded the watery semen just to show its working!

Just a question if finasteride is working for me will it slow down hair loss almost immediately? I understand that for improvement/thickening and regrowth and all that it takes months and months if it does ever happen! I am just talking about the actual hair loss itself!

Thanks!

soitbegins

My Regimen
Reaction score
2 week update - no sides, no ball ache, semen is exactly the same. I thought most people got watery semen is there a reason i am not getting it? Just wanting to make sure its working?

Fishcake

Established Member
Reaction score
2 week update - no sides, no ball ache, semen is exactly the same. I thought most people got watery semen is there a reason i am not getting it? Just wanting to make sure its working?

Really? After about 2 days I noticed my erections and semen was a bid odd. I got quite paranoid, not as much now. Definately improved semen wise but for first month it was almost clear lol. Ball ache was only minor and not enough to quit haha. Ive had worse pains banging my toe on a door, people are so paranoid.

Keep at it, no sides is just the luck, you may end up getting some but dont worry if u do, dont freak out like some people unless it is excruciating or life changing.

Are you taking anything else with finasteride btw?

soitbegins

My Regimen
Reaction score
just regaine which iv taken for a year before finasteride, i will probs get on nizoral but i think nizoral is the least effective out of the big 3!

soitbegins

My Regimen
Reaction score
Monthly Update - No sides except iv had a slight tenderness under my left arm, like its been bruised this seems to be getting a bit better now and could of been a a muscle strain i went the DRs just to be sure and he believed it was nothing serious. Other than that nothing really to report no improvements as of yet in the hair but its early days so not really looking for anything this early. Going to be on 0.5 for another month then up the dose to 1mg if nothing changes! Will keep reporting in :)

soitbegins

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also i cant find nizoral anywhere in the stores in the UK can any UK bros please help me find Nizoral to buy online (i dont really use amazon or ebay)!

soitbegins

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys 2 month update, still no sides really to report, not really much change in the hair but cant see many hairs falling so maybe thats something not sure! I am going to university soon to complete a masters and money will be tight so iv decided to stay on 0.5 a day just to save that extra bit of money because i buy merks propecia and according to that graph that gets posted around 0.5 is very similar to 1mg! Just hope i start seeing some thickening or anything in the coming months!!!