So I Did My Fue ! Just Wanted Opinions On Hairline

Chrisj123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks good the transplant. Do you mind sharing the Name of the doctor?

Btw: has anyone thought of the following strategy? Go to a great doctor, e.g. Belgium or Spain to do the hairline and then go to Turkey to fill up the stuff behind the hairline?

Yea I went to rahal.

Tbh that's a good question. I'm sure they're are also good doctors in Turkey that can do both aswell

Chrisj123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I'm 3 weeks post op now. I figured I'd kinda make this an ongoing thread to document my journey.

Here's a pic from today , I cant tell if I'm shedding or not because I have never seen my hair shaved down to these levels before. So I dont really know what's native hair and what's not . Always had my hair medium length.

Second picture is 1 week post op. Maybe some shedding has happend ?

And 3rd picture is pre op

Attachments

• 20191204_100002.jpg
    20191204_100002.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 1,071
  • 20191217_142007.jpg
    20191217_142007.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 1,102
  • 20191217_222619.jpg
    20191217_222619.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,128
Last edited:

Chrisj123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's some 6 week update photos . I hope the shedding is done , I havent noticed and more hairs falling out recently.

Attachments

• 20200107_215808.jpg
    20200107_215808.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 911
  • 20200107_215802.jpg
    20200107_215802.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 954

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes after 6 weeks shedding should be over. You may not experience growth until month 4 or so. Welcome to the ugly duckling stage.

JohnP

My Regimen
Reaction score
Question, your said you’re not taking medication except for minoxidil, did you do PRP? If yes do you think it helped and do you need anymore (PRP) sessions? Thanks

Chrisj123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Question, your said you’re not taking medication except for minoxidil, did you do PRP? If yes do you think it helped and do you need anymore (PRP) sessions? Thanks

Yes I also did prp, tbh I think it did help especially with recovery. I'm not 100 percent sure how much different it would be without it but I figured I would do it anyways. It is recommended to do more sessions which I may in the future. But my recovery was really really smooth and quick.

Chrisj123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is another update picture 10th week now. Shedding is over and hopefully new growth begins :) just trying not to worry much and hoping for the best really. It's hard to tell if much growth is starting but again it's only 10 weeks so I'm not expecting alot.

Anyone have progress around 10th week?

Attachments

• 20200204_193229.jpg
    20200204_193229.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 991
  • 20200204_193232.jpg
    20200204_193232.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 1,031

doflamingo

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Best thing you did in your life, you looked bald/sick/ugly before, now you can finally be goodlooking and not oh that balding shmuck looking 10 years older than he is

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to see an update too.
Anyway I would reconsider going to Rahal, his work is not the same as it was in the past, you have better options out there.

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to see an update too.
Anyway I would reconsider going to Rahal, his work is not the same as it was in the past, you have better options out there.
What basis do you have for saying this...?

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Based on my long research about hair transplant surgeons, and reviewing patient cases on all the biggest forums
Lol. Can you share some evidence then? It’s a bit of an outlandish claim. His results are some of the best I’ve seen. @clarkbl just posted his 8 month update and his result is already phenomenal. Has nothing but great things to say about Dr. Rahal.

So show me some of this evidence you have... and who do you think is better? I’d be interested to look at their results and compare.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol. Can you share some evidence then? It’s a bit of an outlandish claim. His results are some of the best I’ve seen. @clarkbl just posted his 8 month update and his result is already phenomenal. Has nothing but great things to say about Dr. Rahal.

So show me some of this evidence you have... and who do you think is better? I’d be interested to look at their results and compare.

Im sorry bro but I dont have the links in hand, and Im not gonna browse again and look for those cases. I finished my research few months ago when I finally narrow my list and put my mind on 3 finals. I dont have any intentions behind it is just my opinion that bases on my own research. I didnt see the case of clarkbl, Im happy for him, but as you know one case doesnt really say alot. The fact is that you see less and less cases from him in recent time, more and more opinions of people about his work gotten bad, and just poor results. And another red flag is that his patient advisors and representors really chase you to do a procedure, I had a consultation with his rep (with online assessment from the Doctor) in the past and he was calling me several times and rushing me toward procedure. You can be sure that the really great, world-class clinics won't be chasing you, but quite the opposite.

Anyway, as I said, I have been reading about transplants for some time, filtering through all the greatest surgeons world wide, and for my case at least, I think that Feriduni, De Freitas and Pekiner are the best (for FUE). Their work is outstanding. Hasson is probably the best for FUT. Those are my top. But there are more surgeons I would take over rahal - Keser, Ferreira, Diep to name a few.

Where did you do your research at? (if it's only at this site it's probably not enough)

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im sorry bro but I dont have the links in hand, and Im not gonna browse again and look for those cases. I finished my research few months ago when I finally narrow my list and put my mind on 3 finals. I dont have any intentions behind it is just my opinion that bases on my own research. I didnt see the case of clarkbl, Im happy for him, but as you know one case doesnt really say alot. The fact is that you see less and less cases from him in recent time, more and more opinions of people about his work gotten bad, and just poor results. And another red flag is that his patient advisors and representors really chase you to do a procedure, I had a consultation with his rep (with online assessment from the Doctor) in the past and he was calling me several times and rushing me toward procedure. You can be sure that the really great, world-class clinics won't be chasing you, but quite the opposite.

Anyway, as I said, I have been reading about transplants for some time, filtering through all the greatest surgeons world wide, and for my case at least, I think that Feriduni, De Freitas and Pekiner are the best (for FUE). Their work is outstanding. Hasson is probably the best for FUT. Those are my top. But there are more surgeons I would take over rahal - Keser, Ferreira, Diep to name a few.

Where did you do your research at? (if it's only at this site it's probably not enough)
From all of your research, how does Dr. Konior compare?

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Where do you see “less and less cases from him in recent time”? I booked a consultation and in the process of exchanging emails, they followed up with me as well but they had 0 availability in August for a 1 hour consultation and September was almost booked up as well... so I highly doubt they’re desperate for business - they’re just diligent about following up on leads... as any salesperson should be.

I just disagree on the others...
Feruduni has very mediocre results.
Freitas has some good results but also many mediocre cases on his website.
Pekiner literally has 4 cases on the results gallery section of his website lol.

The other surgeon I’d consider is Dr. Couto - best overall results I’ve seen though Rahal may have a slight edge over him with the hairline specifically.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From all of your research, how does Dr. Konior compare?
I'll tell you the truth, in HRN they completely praise him as the god of all hair transplant surgeons, but from the few cases I have seen I wasn't that impressed. I mean, the results good, and he does most of the work itself, which is big plus, but it's definitely doesnt seem extraordinary, especially not for this super high price he charges. BUT, I admit I didnt review too much cases of him, because of 3 reasons combined - the ones I saw was not that amazing, the price really high and mainly the fact he is located too far for me (in that context I said to myself, that if I already flying to america, I will go with hasson). I just ruled him out soon through my filtering process.

Last edited: