So I am guessing finasteride is what I need in addition to what I'm starting?

av99

Reaction score
Here are photos of me currently:

http://i.imgur.com/n8iF0DL.jpg naturally sitting under more direct light
http://i.imgur.com/AyM7dHc.jpg kind of combing with hand

I have two cousins with receding/balding or committed to full bald that are in their late 30s early 40s. I am 23. Funny enough though I do not think my grandpa was bald. Although, he passed before I could meet him. Ive seen pictures and his hairline may have receded some but no hints on the crown.

My front and temples aren't all that bad at the moment in my opinion. The hair on top of my head is medium length but i can tell the density is not what it used to be. As of late I have been under a lot of stress with loss of job due to company failure, death of grandmother, and a girl thats been leading me on just generally messing with my head. No pun intended. I have had a couple remarks about balding or bald spot within the past year but kind of ignored them. I have noticed it getting worse of late and think I've gotta do something.

I stopped drinking this week (which I was doing heavily most weekends) for mood reasons mainly and started vitamins and the Bosley shampoo/conditioner this week. From what I can read on here, crown loss is best solved by finasteride and the shampoo and biotin wont do much. I have rogaine 5% foam on the way in the mail and nizoral but I'm still pretty sure that I need the finasteride.

Still a little hesitant on finasteride but if its something that may run in the family does it usually help anyway. Has anyone see results in a similar situation without the finasteride?

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I would start finasteride. Your in a good position to recover with it.

johnson222

Reaction score
i started finasteride almost 1 month ago and i gotta say hairloss i dont have anymore and visible results may have but i need to wait to 3 months minimum to even see something though i feel a lot of new hair growing in my crown but only feel and idk if it's actually something that cause an attention.