So far so good at 34 (minoxidil+propecia)

freek

Reaction score
Hi all long time lurker here, a lot of good advice I found here. I’m 34 now and having success holding off my hair loss with minoxidil and propecia. I’ve been using generic rogaine for 8 years, when I first noticed some thinning at the temples in my mid-20’s. I saw it going pretty much exactly as I had observed in my dad and older brother, and maternal uncles as well..deep receding hairlines at young ages all around.

minoxidil kind of paused the loss for awhile but I stopped it for 6 months once and my loss became more apparent..got back on it and realized I needed more so I started propecia a year and half ago. It’s so easy, just a tiny little pill.. I did notice some changes physically but it all seems to be back to normal now. My hair has not gotten any worse since then and maybe is starting to fill in a little, hard to tell. So far I think I’m a success story, I wonder how long it will work but at 34 I’m a lot better than my family at this age so this stuff definitely works and is honestly probably necessary to save my hair. It’s been up and down, but seems ultimately not much worse than it was 8 years ago, just a more mature hairline at this point