So, An Odd Question But Just Curious.

Apodote

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 15 currently suffering at a norwood 2, yet I don't want to talk about that, instead, I was wondering if there's any correlation between body hair and scalp hair, I do know that DHT gives you more body hair while decreasing the amount of hair on your scalp, but for me it's weird, I used to have incredibly thick hair and then bam, half a month in and a receding hairline and diffuse thinning.

Yet, my question is I have VERY little armpit hair, but I have a hair body in general... hairy legs, my hair on my abdomen is currently thickening on its own (I don't shave it that's how I know), and my chest and back are growing hair as well, yet my armpits have like 11 thick hairs and that's it.

Should I be concerned, oh one more thing, it's been 7 and a half months since it started (since I experienced emotional shock, followed by 4 more times), and can Telogen Effluvium speed up male pattern baldness? If so, then this means I am in the process of an EXTREMELY so balding process but Telogen Effluvium just happened to speed it up if so.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 15 currently suffering at a norwood 2, yet I don't want to talk about that, instead, I was wondering if there's any correlation between body hair and scalp hair, I do know that DHT gives you more body hair while decreasing the amount of hair on your scalp, but for me it's weird, I used to have incredibly thick hair and then bam, half a month in and a receding hairline and diffuse thinning.

Yet, my question is I have VERY little armpit hair, but I have a hair body in general... hairy legs, my hair on my abdomen is currently thickening on its own (I don't shave it that's how I know), and my chest and back are growing hair as well, yet my armpits have like 11 thick hairs and that's it.

Should I be concerned, oh one more thing, it's been 7 and a half months since it started (since I experienced emotional shock, followed by 4 more times), and can Telogen Effluvium speed up male pattern baldness? If so, then this means I am in the process of an EXTREMELY so balding process but Telogen Effluvium just happened to speed it up if so.
There isn't much correlation. DHT increases body hair growth and decreases scalp hair growth, if your follicles are sensitive to DHT. You can have loads of body hair though, while no scalp loss, if your hair follicles on your head aren't sensitive to DHT. I personally have like no body hair but am losing hair on my head.

Telogen Effluvium hair loss usually grows back. Why do you think you've had it 4 times? I definitely wouldn't say your balding process is slow if your a NW2 at 15.

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are some "myths" out there without any scientific background. One is that if you get white/gray hair early you will most likely keep your hair. Another myth/theory is that if you have no beard growth or body hair you are more likely to keep your hair. I've seen to many exceptions for this latter theory for it to be true. It's just one of those theories people come up with because maybe they've seen lots of people with good hair on scalp but no body hair, and think there is a connection there somewhere. But I've seen the opposit also and in bigger numbers...so it's just bollocks.

Apodote

My Regimen
Reaction score
There isn't much correlation. DHT increases body hair growth and decreases scalp hair growth, if your follicles are sensitive to DHT. You can have loads of body hair though, while no scalp loss, if your hair follicles on your head aren't sensitive to DHT. I personally have like no body hair but am losing hair on my head.

Telogen Effluvium hair loss usually grows back. Why do you think you've had it 4 times? I definitely wouldn't say your balding process is slow if your a NW2 at 15.
Oh no, I was in the process of losing my but it was just so incredibly slow and unnoticeable that when Telogen Effluvium came and hit me it just speed it up (if there is a correlation between male pattern baldness and Telogen Effluvium), if not, then I just happen to be unlucky with extremely recessive genes making me incredibly sensitive to DHT yet Telogen Effluvium just happens to be there as well. I had 4 times of emotional in a period of 6/7 months and my hair has been diffusely thinning since the first, it's strange, my eyebrow hair has been thinning as well though, thanks for the response though.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh no, I was in the process of losing my but it was just so incredibly slow and unnoticeable that when Telogen Effluvium came and hit me it just speed it up (if there is a correlation between male pattern baldness and Telogen Effluvium), if not, then I just happen to be unlucky with extremely recessive genes making me incredibly sensitive to DHT yet Telogen Effluvium just happens to be there as well. I had 4 times of emotional in a period of 6/7 months and my hair has been diffusely thinning since the first, it's strange, my eyebrow hair has been thinning as well though, thanks for the response though.
I've had eyebrow thinning too (not really noticeable tho) but think it is just genetic hair loss as well.

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are some "myths" out there without any scientific background. One is that if you get white/gray hair early you will most likely keep your hair. Another myth/theory is that if you have no beard growth or body hair you are more likely to keep your hair. I've seen to many exceptions for this latter theory for it to be true. It's just one of those theories people come up with because maybe they've seen lots of people with good hair on scalp but no body hair, and think there is a connection there somewhere. But I've seen the opposit also and in bigger numbers...so it's just bollocks.

I've had gray hair since i was a kid , beard since i was 18 (like i could grow an actual full beard, never tried to though).
I'm starting to bald at 20.Yeah, bollocks indeed

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it's individual. Just because you got a full beard early on and started balding doesn't automatically mean there is a connection. My hairiest friend is also the one with the best hair. He has the shortest forehead imaginable and he is approaching 30 in 2 years. His father is 50 and has literally a full head of hair. The exact same hair he had at age 15. My childhood friend is soon 27 and approaching nw3 and he can hardly grow a beard, literally.

Andy12385

My Regimen
Reaction score

I have the exact same condition except i'm 17 now started thinning badly at 15 and have no hair in my underarms. I'm pretty sure that body hair has nothing to do with scalp hair tho.