smithy300's story - (Age 20 and balding)

smithy300

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking for a bit of advice. I've just turned 20 and over the past year or so I have noticed my hair thinning out all over my head and my hairline is gradually coming further up my head. I keep it quite long in order to try and avoid people noticing this, and I haven't spoke 2 any family regarding this issue due to feeling scared and a bit embarassed.

My hair has always been quite far up my head but I have always had it cut quite short short and it still looked fine. However, more recently I had it cut to the same length and noticed it was further up my forehead. This is where some people noticed and made comments about it and this is where I first realised that there could be a problem.

I would like to hear from anybody who feels they could give me some much needed advice as to what I can do about this and from anybody who may have found themsleves in a similar situation.

Thanks Guys

Naltima

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Age 20 and balding

Can you post pictures? Also what is your family history, as far as balding goes?

Wisdom

Reaction score

Hi Smithy,

I know where your coming from. It is hard at first, bare with it mate. I was 20 when I first post on this website and got some help.

If I were you I would go for the big 3 depending on how confident you are. If you dont fancy using propecia (drug) then just use Nizoral and minoxidil to stop the balding.

If you need any advice let me know.

P.S.If you have any pics that would help!

smithy300

Reaction score

I haven't got any pics on my computer at the mo, will try n get some on here asap. With regards to family history I am not sure as I am sorta scared about telling my family about my concerns, although I'm sure my dad lost his when he was fairly young.

With the propecia, nizoral nd minoxidil where can I go to get these things? I did see some nizoral the other day in boots n had a look but it said it was an anti-dandruff shampoo in like a red n white box is that the right thing?

p.s thanks 4 the replies so far, much appreciated.

Trig

Reaction score
When I ordered my Propecia, I had to call my general practitioner, and they wanted to call back to confirm the prescription was filled. Only they didn't have my number, so they called my step-dad. They didn't tell him what it was or anything, but he called me and told me, but I didn't feel comfortable telling him or my mom, so I didn't. But I told my dad and he was really good about it. I think it really helps to tell at least one person. It gives you someone you really know to help you out and give support. I'd say take it slowly, and don't worry to much about being embarrased with your dad; remember he went through the same thing!

Tom28

Reaction score
smithy300 said:
Hey guys I'm looking for a bit of advice. I've just turned 20 and over the past year or so I have noticed my hair thinning out all over my head and my hairline is gradually coming further up my head. I keep it quite long in order to try and avoid people noticing this, and I haven't spoke 2 any family regarding this issue due to feeling scared and a bit embarassed.

My hair has always been quite far up my head but I have always had it cut quite short short and it still looked fine. However, more recently I had it cut to the same length and noticed it was further up my forehead. This is where some people noticed and made comments about it and this is where I first realised that there could be a problem.

I would like to hear from anybody who feels they could give me some much needed advice as to what I can do about this and from anybody who may have found themsleves in a similar situation.

Thanks Guys

smithy, i emphathise with your situation being a hair loss sufferer myself.

I have tried a raft of methods to stem the hair loss.

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it really helps to tell at least one person.

Amen. I talk about hair loss with my mom only. I don't hide my loss from other people (especially when I first buzzed last year and it was glaringly obvious to everyone), but no one knows that I'm doing anything about it. It's nice to have someone to talk to about it, especially an uninformed person. I think it makes it easier to deal with, like stinging yourself with a bee to build immunity. =p