SMI-6 as Monotherapy: my outcome and results.

genericwhitemale

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your detailed and easy to understand report.

Hopefully the oral route at a higher dose will be more palatable - many people would prefer that compared to a topical.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your detailed and easy to understand report.

Hopefully the oral route at a higher dose will be more palatable - many people would prefer that compared to a topical.
Lmao I hope someone gets this

images (20).jpeg

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very impressive logging with all relevant context, especially the motivations for each change

lots of dedication to try something like this as monotherapy too, knowing there's a big chance it hurts your hair

Ultimately it was a very bad compound choice with no meaningful chance of success, and this was knowable ahead of time...
but the unique growth seen in the HMI patent made the logic of a moonshot attempt with something similar defensible
Nah man you don't get to have an "I told you so" out of the choice of compound. It is to date the only readily available direct PRLR inhibitor. The fact that it doesn't replicate the results of the HMI patent the way it was used doesn't make it a mistake nor a poor choice of compound.

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your results. You said you were dropping 0.2ml at 0.625%. Did you apply the same amount at 2.5%?
Do you think that the dosage was way too low, seeing as some people are mentioning they're taking 60mg+ orally?
Yes I always applied 0.2mL twice a day on temples. I didn't need more, it would have been a waste if I put more volume on this area.

I think it wasn't that low as the smi goes directly near the hair when applied topically, meanwhile orally the 60mg are split in the entire body (but i'm not an expert of pharmacokinetics and drug delivery, I can say some mistake).
With my topical dosage i applied 5mg twice a day on each temple, i think it's not that bad.

Anyway, i take it orally now. 80mg/day, 40mg in the morning and evening. I have enough to be on it for +6months.
I'll add other things too. A topical AA like UT and estriol once i finish way.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I read some conflicting stories about topical vs oral related to the way a PRLR inhibitor needs to be absorbed and processed by the body. I am on the digestive side of things.

genericwhitemale

My Regimen
Reaction score
How is the drug taken orally? Do people just put it in a film coated tablet and ingest that way or is there another method?

Oral medication just seems so much more palatable so hopefully there are some inroads made with the 80mg dose.

I know some people only consider complete reversal a success but honestly, if I can gain back some density (so that the concealer I'm stuck using has something to grip on to) then I would consider it a complete success.

Watching this with interest, as oral minoxidil didn't really work for me and when I stopped I lost a lot of density as I've been shedding consistently for months on end.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Use a veggan capsule weight on the microscale by stuffing the capsule. Add a few drops of peg400 for max bioavail. Close the capsule. Open you mouth, gob the pill and swallow. Glass of water optional.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
imagine if there were dozens of reports like this from the ~10 group buys conducted over the past 12 months, and what conclusions might be possible

the specific intervention is irrelevant, his methodology should obviously become the template for what a bare minimum report needs to be useful

some of the weakness of individual experiments are:
1. unclear goals
2. no baseline or context to changes
3. not giving a protocol enough time and poor compliance
4. changing multiple interventions at once
5. no clear endpoints
6. not recording results in a way that can be assessed objectively

@Gegen accounted for all of the above in a clear manner as best a single person reasonably can, it's very impressive
How do you know no one else is doing this? Not publishing it for your reading pleasure doesn't mean no one keeps track.

How about you? When was the last time you published something on this forum that's useful? Why don't you show the example little man?

@hmmmmmmmm buddy boy, do something useful for once. Organise a group buy, get people on your server, negotiate the cost of the drugs, respond to everyone's questions some more dumb than others, keep people engaged while the powder is synthetised, answer all the inquiries about vehicle, will it work or not, etc. Get the server organised so you can do your 6 step method and get everyone to report the data you need when you need it. When you have done all of that, then you can post results like you want them to be on this forum. We will follow track thinking what a great leader and example you are. Till then, you have nothing to say that won't make you look like a talker instead of a doer.

Last edited:

Hakandogan

Reaction score
What drug do you refer to as SMI-6? Is the active ingredient known? Also, is it more effective topically or orally? Can you give details? Thanks.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
What drug do you refer to as SMI-6? Is the active ingredient known? Also, is it more effective topically or orally? Can you give details? Thanks.
Where have you been during the last 18 months? Hiding in your parents basement?

Pull your fingers out of your arse and search the freaking forum.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As others have said, we shouldn't write SMI's obituary based on this, it's an n=1. You could give minoxidil to one non-responder and conclude it doesn't work.
Yes I always applied 0.2mL twice a day on temples. I didn't need more, it would have been a waste if I put more volume on this area.

I think it wasn't that low as the smi goes directly near the hair when applied topically, meanwhile orally the 60mg are split in the entire body (but i'm not an expert of pharmacokinetics and drug delivery, I can say some mistake).
With my topical dosage i applied 5mg twice a day on each temple, i think it's not that bad.

Anyway, i take it orally now. 80mg/day, 40mg in the morning and evening. I have enough to be on it for +6months.
I'll add other things too. A topical AA like UT and estriol once i finish way.
Please do let us know how that goes when you complete the course of treatment and thanks for this report!
imagine if there were dozens of reports like this from the ~10 group buys conducted over the past 12 months, and what conclusions might be possible

the specific intervention is irrelevant, his methodology should obviously become the template for what a bare minimum report needs to be useful

some of the weakness of individual experiments are:
1. unclear goals
2. no baseline or context to changes
3. not giving a protocol enough time and poor compliance
4. changing multiple interventions at once
5. no clear endpoints
6. not recording results in a way that can be assessed objectively

@Gegen accounted for all of the above in a clear manner as best a single person reasonably can, it's very impressive
Yep, we should really encourage people to report on their experiences with drugs we don't have scientific info on. It would really improve our knowledge if results were always reported on.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
We should really encourage people for trying things instead of just having them encourage others to do so.

We don't need some patronizing from a bunch of nay-sayers.

NorwoodCultist1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've noticed that people on this forum tend to be dismissive of drugs whose short-term results don't measure up to currently approved treatments. It's intuitive that drugs that do well in the short-term would also do well in the long term, but what we need isn't another minoxidil - rapid growth which plateaus quickly. A drug that provides greater results, albeit after a longer period of time, could be discovered, and during its early clinical trials, it would be similarly dismissed by forum members for its lackluster short-term results.

So the fact that SMI-6 couldn't keep pace with minoxidil is, to me, the least important conclusion. The idea that an PR agonist could work on humans just gained a little more evidence. With HMI-115's impressive preclinical results, this post has some exciting implications.