small new hairs at 6 weeks

chew

Established Member
Reaction score
small new hairs...

okay, here is a quick update that maybe I can get a couple thoughts on.

I am a diffuse thinner or Telogen Effluvium case...it's not too bad now, but I definitely see more scalp. You can check out my stress thread or my thread in the introduce yourself forum for a more detailed description...

basically I have started noticing a lot of short new hairs on my head, pretty much all over. also, it seemed to me before i noticed some hair loss i used to often have 2 hairs coming out of a single follicle on my head--but now I generally have one. Well many of these new hairs are coming out so that I have 2 per follicle again.

The new hairs do not appear to lack color or be any thinner that the regular ones. They vary from abour 3/4 of an inch to whisker length right now. I am hopeful, but not that hopeful since I have no prior experience with this stuff.

My question is with male pattern baldness do you see this happening?
With recovery from Telogen Effluvium (I first noticed my excessive shedding about 11 months ago) do you see this?
Could this be a result (it seems too soon to me) from using Xandox and Propecis for about 5 or 6 weeks?

Thanks,
Good luck to us all

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well I started noticing my new hairs on my head at about 2 or 2 and a half months. Figure that hair grows about 1/2 inch per month and the fact that it takes brand spanking new hairs to ferment a bit, If that's the case, they would be very, very tiny hairs or existing hair just thickening up. I have noticed some brand new 'double hair follicles' much like you are claiming. it's cool and I hope to see more. SOunds like you're an early responder though so expect some great things happening.

chew

Established Member
Reaction score
so is the concensus that the little hairs ARE actually the treatment working?
should i be so hopeful?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
chew ... try not to be so OCD with this. You are going to kill yourself measuring differences between whisker length and 3/4 of an inch hairs, along with their pigmentation. Seriously. Just stop, sit back, and hang in there and wait. I don't know why you opted for Xandrox and Propecia instead of Rogaine and propecia (something to do with being a little OCD and assuming 15% minoxidil is better than 5% minoxidil simply because the number is higher?) .... but Propecia works, and ... well for some people Xandrox isnt too potent and it works for them. So sit back and let the stuff do its thing. You are going to go through weeks where things look great, and weeks where things look like hell, and you are going to freak out and be elated on each week if you look at things with such minutia. Treating hair loss should be evaluated in intervals of 3 to 6 months at most. Counting hairs will drive you crazy.

Hair loss is not as exact as people with OCD want it to be. You can't look at a hair and determine if its a Propecia or Telogen Effluvium hair. It just is what it is. Be happy its there and stop thinking about it. Hair can grow in with or without treatments simply via the hair cycles. It could be Propecia induced. Be happy with it and work hard on not being so easily swayed by 4 hairs. It will save you a lot of emotional torment when those 4 fall out along with another 3 and you're freaking out from it...

HairLossTalk.com