SM04554 Phase 2 results

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
340958-INFO.jpeg

Swoop.. watcha think man? how is this not optimistic? if hair counts continually increase in a linear fashion, this would be huge, no?

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
So who do we have to rob/hack to get our hands on the formula? C'mon, let's go-go-go.

We're balding. A friendly reminder it's believed to be irreversible.

It's final and yet we're doing f all. What the actual coitus?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because outside of criminal activites there isn't much you can do. What do you suggest? Going all mission impossible on the lab? And then what, who do you take the formula to? Can you imagine the price? Just look how expensive CB and Seti still are which have been out in the open for a long time.

I'd be more interested in a group buy for dutasteride at this point.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because outside of criminal activites there isn't much you can do. What do you suggest? Going all mission impossible on the lab? And then what, who do you take the formula to? Can you imagine the price? Just look how expensive CB and Seti still are which have been out in the open for a long time.

I'd be more interested in a group buy for dutasteride at this point.

SETI is relatively cheap. CB on the other hand... is expensive.

20legend

Reaction score
We should try to contact Samumed and get some additional info. Maybe they could tell us why there were so optimistic about just 10% increase in hair counts. There might be something more to it.

Hellouser had spoken to them at the conference. So maybe he might be able to send a short email.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
AFAIK there are like 100,000 hair follicles on your head. Let's say that 50% of that is on the top of the head. That's 50,000. If the 10% increase is constant, that means you'd get an increase of 5000 hair follicles over your head. Isn't that like a pretty solid hair transplant?

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
AFAIK there are like 100,000 hair follicles on your head. Let's say that 50% of that is on the top of the head. That's 50,000. If the 10% increase is constant, that means you'd get an increase of 5000 hair follicles over your head. Isn't that like a pretty solid hair transplant?

Yes and that was other just a 3 month period of treatment. It's crazy how some people are viewing this as a failure.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes and that was other just a 3 month period of treatment. It's crazy how some people are viewing this as a failure.

People suggested that this drug wouldn't even go to market now lol

- - - Updated - - -

It boils down to this: this drug was tested in 302 men... A decent sample size. And it grew 10% hair in high Norwoods... That is pretty dang good. Oh, and not to mention this was 3 months! Originally I wasn't excited about these results but now I am. Imagine this drug at 6-12 months in conjunction with minoxidil!

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay.. so right after the Phase 2 results were released everyone was contemplating suicide.. Now have we all come to our senses and realised the results aren't so bad?

Bukowski

Established Member
Reaction score
People suggested that this drug wouldn't even go to market now lol

- - - Updated - - -

It boils down to this: this drug was tested in 302 men... A decent sample size. And it grew 10% hair in high Norwoods... That is pretty dang good. Oh, and not to mention this was 3 months! Originally I wasn't excited about these results but now I am. Imagine this drug at 6-12 months in conjunction with minoxidil!
Minoxidil is crap for most.

Dolph

Established Member
Reaction score
Even if increase is 0%, if it can maintain without sides, it's a huge deal. Too bad all our hair will be gone by the time it reaches market, but it's definitely promising!

potato87

Established Member
Reaction score
So I know it's not Britains top journalists but the Sun states "A spokesperson for Sasumed confirmed they will be continuing to test the drug by carrying out larger trials." Source: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/6985975/Take-off-the-wig-First-hair-loss-drug-to-be-tested-on-humans-is-a-success-so-far.html

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has it actually been confirmed that this drug doesn't have side effects, or is just speculation based on the promise of the theory?

firstpost

Banned
Reaction score