Sly Bald Guys they all look like convicts and Biker gangs!

GeminiX

Reaction score
Might sound odd coming from me, but I've always found that they seem to have a sort of collective faith thing going on there which seems a little weird.

You know what though, if it gives them the confidence to lead a great life, well props to them :)

s.a.f

Reaction score
Its their straight refusal to believe that anyone who shaves it can look anything other than great that bugs me. According to them even Gary Glitter must be rocking the shaved look. (all ladies love it)!!

Tom1985

Established Member
Reaction score
I just looked at that website and in my opinion the older guys (45-65 sorta age range) look fine with a shaved head.

However, I just can't say the same for the younger guys :(

Obsidian

Reaction score
Stereotyping :whistle:

But in all seriousness, good for them if they are happy. Sure they may preach only positive but they seem happier than some of the people here who heavily criticize them.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Even if its an act of blind faith at least it gets them through life without punishing themselves for something they can do little about.

elliotramsey

Established Member
Reaction score
Before you go criticizing those guys, at least they have a positive view on things, which would be a nice change over the constant doom and gloom posters on here.

Perhaps it is that positive viewpoint that has allowed them to just suck it up and not worry so much.

Somehow I'm willing to bet there's more positive married men over there than negative married men over here

Nene

Reaction score
I'm tired of the way guys talk so much smack about the slybladguys. Are they out of touch with reality? Probably. But hey, it helps them live their lives. It's better than living like UC man and hat prisoner and hating yourself and life forever.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Some of those guys were over positive I agree, although some of them did not actually look too bad with shaved heads and you could see how they could still get plenty of female interest...

Fair amount of nonsense on that thread, but one statement that did ring true was that women find nothing more unattractive than the projection of a loser with no confidence... I have to agree, regardless of how ugly or attractive you are, or where you are on the Norwood scale, if you have a bad attitude and constantly negative outlook on life then you're sure to repel all women.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Infinitely prefer the attitude those guys display over there than 95% of the tripe that gets dished up here (e.g. this thread). Constant pissing and moaning about how unfair life is, suicide and a host of other pathetic things vs a bunch of guys who are happy with the hand they are dealt, comfortable with how they look and not ashamed to show it. A lot of people on here should take note rather than criticising.

Some of those guys look absolutely horrific, look at both pages of the thread. I know I sound horrible but I'm a realist, and it helps me justify the time and stress I go through to combat male pattern baldness, instead of ''accepting it''.

You aren't a realist, you're just a douche with a chip on his shoulder.

cuebald

Reaction score
Tyler_Durden said:

Calling someone a douche speaks even more about your own insecurity than any criticism of Sly Bald Guys could. :shakehead:

freakout

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm guilty for posting without reading the thread.

But I've read in one post from another forum that jailed violent criminals are more likely to keep their hair intacked. I just don't know where to verify the claim.

I've also read - this time in a news article - about a study conducted among jailed criminals that when they were fed with more vegetables, they become less violent.

So the question is: If we ate more meat and become more violent in the process, will it help keep our hair. :)

s.a.f

Reaction score
^ :facepalm:

Obsidian

Reaction score
cuebald said:
Tyler_Durden said:

Calling someone a douche speaks even more about your own insecurity than any criticism of Sly Bald Guys could. :shakehead:

Not really, if I didn't know that finfighter was saying that out of because he didn't want to become bald (understandable) I would interpret that as a harsh statement towards them.

Nene

Reaction score
Obsidian said:
cuebald said:
Tyler_Durden said:

Not really, if I didn't know that finfighter was saying that out of because he didn't want to become bald (understandable) I would interpret that as a harsh statement towards them.

I agree, calling someone a douche isn't nice but saying that someone looks like a convict just b/c they are doing their best to look good with the hand they are dealt is worse imo. Also, calling implying someone is gay is a very childish insult. There is nothing wrong with being gay and there is nothing wrong with being bald and embracing it. People are born a certain way and can't help it. No reason to ridicule them for it.

Nene

Reaction score
I looked at the thread and they don't look like convicts to me so it's not pointing out a fact but stating your opinion. It's people like you who think all bald guys look like convicts that perpetuate the stigma of having a bald head. For those of them that make fun of guys who treat their hair loss, they are jerks for not understanding that not everyone is willing to just shave and move on, but I don't feel the need to make fun of them in return. You better change your attitude b/c now that you think finasteride is the devil, you will be joining their ranks soon, unless you get Dr. Crisler's miracle cure.

cuebald

Reaction score
Don't worry if these fools are picking on you Finfighter, they are just upset that what you have said is 100% true; namely on 80+% of guys, male pattern baldness is a very ugly look.

GeminiX

Reaction score
*cough*
finfighter said:
I never said all of them looked like that
Well the thread title does say *all"... just saying :)

To be fair, I think I can relate to you here to a degree. I've been in a situation myself when I found myself with a group of people who were likely to be older versions myself; it scared the crap out of me and motivated me to make changes in my own life immediately.

The way I see it is this though, if you just look at pictures on a thread like that you're only seeing one aspect of the person. And while some of the guys there are probably not going to find themselves on a calendar or pin-up poster any day soon (even if that is the attitude they seem to present) they seem to be just getting along with life..

*but*

Look at what they are doing; they are basically giving the bird to hair loss. They are refusing to become victims of the way some parts of society want to pigeon-hole them. You have to have some respect for that attitude, even if some of it seems a bit kooky. Also, that level of self confidence and sincere self assurance is often considered very sexy.

edit: fixed grammar which made me look drunk.

Nene

Reaction score
cuebald said:
Don't worry if these fools are picking on you Finfighter, they are just upset that what you have said is 100% true; namely on 80+% of guys, male pattern baldness is a very ugly look.

I'm not saying they all look sexy. I don't like the way baldness looks either or I wouldn't be treating my hair loss. Does that mean all bald people look like convicts and deserve our indignation for accepting their baldness? Is it better to mope around like a bald loser for the rest of your life?

Autumn Sundown

Established Member
Reaction score
You can say what you want about them, but they're happier and more confident than most of the users here. It's a bit silly to mock them for overcoming something you're still stuck on, isn't it?