Slumlord's story (pics)

slumlord

Reaction score
I have always had a peaked hairline through highschool, not far back, but with a very distinct point in the front, not far back or anything - it actually looked pretty cool. However I have lived a far from healthy lifestyle my whole life - not an inactive one but an unhealthy one. I am 23 now and have just graduated college and the past 2 years have been some of the most stressfull in my life. Since this is an anonymous forum I feel I can talk freely about the situations that led to a very rapid thinning and decline in my hairline. I have sold drugs and used them for years, I wont get specific but Im sure they have had an effect. Also I have been under investigation more than a few times and gone on the run recently. Now My legal, drug, school, and relationship problems are all left behind. Im happy to say my hair is coming back too!

Ill just say my real scare started about 6 months ago as I was finishing my last semester. I had been in a very stressfull destructive relationship that came to a releaving end. I also got in a lot of legal trouble and had to go on the run from the police all while finishing my senior projects - stress stress stress. It seemed like It happened almost over the course of these 6 months, like I said before I always had a peaked hairline, but there began some thinning and receding to either side of my peak like most men. This quickly spread to complete mid - scalp thinning. After clearing my name (corrupt police tried unsuccessfully to entrap me on several felonies - but thats another story) I realized that my hair had gone much thinner than I previously realized and something had to be done. Heres a pic I took.
8471830_30655171_0.jpeg

I realized that I had to cut out the dumb sh*t - stopped risking my life freedom and health f*****g around with selling drugs. I broke up with my girlfriend as well, before she drove me crazy. I shaved My head as well, but not liking the straight bald look I let it grow out a little and kept it buzzed, which looked pretty good but not how i liked it. I got my life security and sanity back, but I wanted my hair!

Thats when I began searching the internet for help. I was low on money and considered the Procera sh*t, but the sites I saw were a little TOO praising of them. Then I ran across this forum. THANK YOU. It seemed that the consensus was Finasteraide once a day combined with Nyzoral shampoo 2 or 3 times a week. I found a few online pharmacies and ordered a years supply of both.

About 2 months ago the Nyzoral shampoo arrived. My scalp had undergone a strange oilyness and had a lot of clogged pores - not inflamed like zits, but i could easily run my fingers over my hair and pull out whiteheads and blackheads. The Nyzoral cleared this right up instantly! Then 2 weeks later the generic Finasteraide tablets came. As of today its only been a few months and already I notice very small hairs growing in the patches where there was nothing! The mid scalp hair is growing in noticably thicker at the base now as well! I am on my way to conquoring the recession and I have this forum to thank for it! Seeing these little bunches of hair has given me new hope and I must say thank you for setting up an unbiased scientific free exchange forum to help guys like me! My hair isnt perfect, but honestly Ive only been on the finasteraide for a month and a half and I already see definite results.

FOR ANYONE ELSE WHO DOUBTS - DONT! Finasteraide (aka Propecia) and Nyzoral WORKS! THANK YOU!!!

Lopfraze

Established Member
Reaction score
On the run from the cops!

Hell, I would have thought your hair would have been the last of your worries... I can just imagine it now:

"Damn, I gotta get to the safehouse... but in this breeze, maybe my bald spot will show - better sprinkle on some Toppik before I make a break for it..."

Anyway, welcome to the forum, good to hear your making progress, and good luck with it.

PS Seriously though, maybe your hair loss was just a result of Telogen Effluvium, and not male pattern baldness; and the results you're seeing now are not because of the Propecia, but just the result of you not being under as much stress anymore. Just a thought.

jayC99

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair loss was due to the immense stress and drugs you were taking. I don't think the propecia/nizoral had anything to do with the hair growing back. Propecia takes a lot longer than a month and a half to see results as does Nizoral. Once you have all your hair back I'd say stop the treatments. If you notice your hair falling out again get back on the treatments, but I doubt you'll need to.

reyn

Reaction score
Hmm, does this mean that people who are in prison for more than a month or two would have severe hairloss? After all that can be a very stressful place. But for marketers here there is a great opportunity to niche market your hair loss medication to the prison population. Plus Propecia might actually reduce some of the violence!