slower shedding on 0.5 mg finasteride? as opposed to 1mg??

mark16v

Established Member
Reaction score
anybody think that might work? or is it a totally, stupid assumption.

I realise this probably won't work but worth a thought

thanks in advance.

2young

Reaction score
I have heard anectdotal reports of people avoiding an initial shed when starting propecia by starting at a lower dose and slowly increasing it. I don't know if it works for everybody though. I'd just stick with the dosing recommendations from the manufacturer. 1 mg/day. If you do experience increased shedding, it will probably only be for a short period (or periods).

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
2young said:
I have heard anectdotal reports of people avoiding an initial shed when starting propecia by starting at a lower dose and slowly increasing it. I don't know if it works for everybody though. I'd just stick with the dosing recommendations from the manufacturer. 1 mg/day. If you do experience increased shedding, it will probably only be for a short period (or periods).

It may be true..Because for the 1st month i was using original Propecia , then later to FInpecia (generic), now in my 9th month and still no treatment related shedding yet. Maybe because Finpecia may have different absorbing mechanism than the original stuff.Maybe less is absorbed due to inferior methods of producing the pill. So less dosage will be put to use to inhibit DHT in the body.