slight gyno 2 months in... sucks

g.i joey

Reaction score
On a case documented in a legit study. The kids gyno went away and 2 months later he started up on 1mg/D and had no recurrence of gyno at all.. Too hungover to actually go look for the study lol but I've came by it many times in the past months

0-100realquick

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't remember reading a study on it, but people on this forum have talked about their own experience with stopping finasteride due to sides, then trying finasteride again after a couple months and haven't had sides ever since. I'm not saying this will always happen, but it does SOMETIMES.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Case 1: A 19- year-old man affected by male pattern hair loss (MPHL) received finasteride, 1 mg/d for 8 months. Seven months later, he presented with a painful enlargement of his left breast, with no evident nodules at palpation. On sonography, there was diffuse increase in breast tissue, without any abnormal mass or parenchymal distortion [Figure 1]. Axillary lymph nodes were normal. Laboratory evaluations including testosterone, free testosterone, luteinizing hormone, dehydroepiandrosterone, and prolactin were within normal range. Dihydrotestosterone level was 135 µg/ 100 mL (normal, 133-441). Follicle-stimulating hormone was 1.1 IU/L (normal, 1.4-10.5). 17-hydroxyprogesterone level was elevated at 3.63 ng/mL (normal, 0.5-2.4). The result of semen analysis was normal. Liver function and thyroid function studies were normal. Any other causes of gynecomastia, including other drug-induced gynecomastia and breast cancer, were ruled out in this patient by endocrine consultation. Treatment was stopped, and 4 months later gynecomastia completely disappeared and laboratory tests returned to normal levels. Two months later, the patient was restarted on the finasteride regimen, 1 mg every alternate day, with no relapse of gynecomastia.

source: http://www.ijdvl.com/article.asp?is...5;issue=3;spage=309;epage=310;aulast=Mansouri

MEVOYACURAR

Established Member
Reaction score
So you have to stop some months finasteride treatment. However, that is a particular case, it is not your case. Go to a doctor and tell us. Keep us updated. Good luck.

g.i joey

Reaction score
my last doctor who prescribed me finasteride had no clue what it does, he said it wont regrow any and will only maintain and he also said that there is 0 side effects along with 50+ of his patients taking it.. luckily, he retired recently, hence why i gotta wait till december 9th for my appointment... hopefully this doctor will know more and can help me rid myself of gyno lump... but if anyone even cares my gyno lump is def still t here but it feels alot less like a ball and more flat so i guess the inflamation went down a little.

swimjammer

Reaction score
You don't think factors like reducing body weight and avoiding estrogenic foods won't impact if I get it again?

I'm wondering about this as well, specifically avoiding phytoestrogens, such as those found in soy products. I had been on generic finasteride since Feb. 16 and my hairline was starting to grow in again and my hair was looking good, and I had only been on it less than four months. I was looking forward to what it would look like in a year.

Then about a month ago, I thought I had noticed a slight change (no lump) in my pecs. I kept an eye on it for a few weeks after and maybe it was just my imagination. What's kind of funny, is in an effort to be aware of the possibility of gyno developing, I always check my pecs for lumps every day and am always pushing on them and squeezing them.

Well, yesterday I checked again, I definitely think I'm seeing a slight change in the shape of the right one--it is not as defined as the left one. In fact, I just looked again and they both look a little puffy. I stopped taking the finasteride yesterday and am planning to take a month off of it to see if that will help. I've worked hard on my body, my chest specifically and don't want to chance it. It could all be in my head. I have not gained any weight/fat. I swim a lot and have a decent swimmers body and don't want to mess that up by growing moobs! I've actually been on a strict cut for the past three weeks in an effort to get more definition in my abs so it is definitely not an increase in body fat. At the same time, though, there is no lump that I can feel.

Why only now is this symptom presenting itself? I started drinking soy about a week and a half ago, normally I drink almond milk, but I felt like trying soy again. Do you think the phytoestrogens in the soy could be working with the decreased levels of DHT to bring about gynecomastia? I have experience no other side effects that I'm aware of. I read in an earlier post that there have been people that quit after developing gyno, the gyno went away, and then they started finasteride again with no gyno. I hope I can do that.