slight gyno 2 months in... sucks

g.i joey

Reaction score
Norwood 3 reporting in, i started my finasteride treatment about 2 months ago. In the beginning the only side effect i had was 24/7 boner haha... hoping that was all of it things seemed to subside as i used to HAVE to fap once a day as to where now i could skip a day but will definately need to 2nd day. I did notice some extra fat on my chest the first month in but didnt think much of it as i recently started getting serious about my workout regime and contributed it to the puffiness you get after you "pump". Then about 3 weeks ago i noticed some tissue and thought maybe it was there before, but about 5 days ago, i felt a nice lump. I really hope i dont have to give up finasteride for good, but i have to sort this gyno out before i think about restarting. I'm 23 years old and used to be 300 pounds back in highschool.. managed to get down to 215 over these last years and then guess who decided to show up.. male pattern baldness... anyways, just wondering if these AI's (nolvadex, letrozole) can be used along with propecia to make current gyno subside as i try to drop my bodyweight as low as possible and restart my finasteride regimen... my brother has no sides while on propecia and i thought i was gonna be lucky too, but no i guess not.

thanks in advance for anyone who feels they could contribute their knowledge to my situation.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think the only thing that can stop gyno are estrogen blockers, though I would definitely stop taking for a couple weeks and get on estrogen blockers my amigo.

g.i joey

Reaction score
In your opinion , if I were to get rid of this gyno through cessation of drug or through estrogen blockers and after that, I were to drop my body weight. Do you think I'd have a shot at getting back on propecia successfully? Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

bump?

litcII

Reaction score
Hey g.i. joey, when you first noticed the puffiness, did it feel puffy everywhere on the chest, or just around the nipples? Did it feel like you had a layer of fat or something?

g.i joey

Reaction score
I'd say the puffy ness was really centralized around my nipples. I mean the way my nipples looked through shirts is not what I was used to at all.. Once I noticed that, I did some digging around and noticed a lump forming. Today is day 2 with no finasteride and not much has changed. Although the puffiness is around my nipple I do feel like there is a little water retention in my whole chest. Just slightly

- - - Updated - - -

bump cause i still got alump

MEVOYACURAR

Established Member
Reaction score
First, I would stop taking finasteride for a time.

Don´t take estrogen blockers without doctor prescribtion. They could get things worse and as I have said in another thread, estrogen imbalance is not the only the cause of gyno, it could also be prolactin increase due to finasteride or other causes not related to finasteride such as liver problems and so. Go to a doctor and talk about it.

hare

Reaction score
From what I understand, if you get gyno on finasteride now, you'll get gyno if you start finasteride later. The choice is between a full head of hair or man tits. Mild man tits but man tits nonetheless.

g.i joey

Reaction score
You don't think factors like reducing body weight and avoiding estrogenic foods won't impact if I get it again?

MEVOYACURAR

Established Member
Reaction score
You don't think factors like reducing body weight and avoiding estrogenic foods won't impact if I get it again?

If you get again, what? (sorry, sometimes I don´t understand english)

You think of going to a doctor, don´t you?
Have you read what I replyed?

g.i joey

Reaction score
If I get back on finasteride again** def gonna go to the doctor but after that I really want to keep on taking finasteride...

MEVOYACURAR

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok. So you have quitted finasteride because of gyno. What is the question? :)
What could you do to avoid gyno if you re-start finasteride?

It depends on what the doctor says; That is it depends on the cause of your gyno.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah it won't go away for many months (if you're lucky), I'd imagine the only effective way to stop the recurrence of gyno is to alter your hormones which is a dangerous game. MEVOYACURAR is definitely right you should see a doctor, to get a better idea.

I am in a similar situation, I have minor Gyno from finasteride and stopped taking it. Pratically invisivble but there

Btw i'd imagine it's near 100% certain it is hormone balance, the guy is taking a hormone altering drug?

MEVOYACURAR

Established Member
Reaction score
It depends on the cause of your gyno.

Different causes:

1) Endocrinologic:

-Estrogens- If your hormonal bloodworks show high estrogens and doctor says it is the cause of your gynecomastia, he maybe recommends you to use estrogens blockers to reduce gynecomastia (I don´t think so however). And above all I don´t know if it is adviceble to mix them with finasteride.

-Prolactin- Other treatment. But if you have high prolactin you are f*****. Also it would be very rare that you had hyperprolactinemia. Be calm.

-Androgens- Low testosterone (could be as well as high estrogens, they go hand in hand)

-Hyperthiroidism (Rare)

2) Overweight.
I suppossed you to be overweight at 214 pounds unless you are 7" tall. If your hormones are good your "gyno" could be due to pseudogynecomastia which is common in overweight people.

3) Others. Such us liver problems, alcoholism and rare ones.

So you see we can not recommend anything. As far as I am concerned about your case you have 2 etiologies: Overweight and drug-induced (finasteride).
If you have hormonal imbalances responsible of your gynecomastia please pay attention to your doctor and ask him if it would be adviceble to re-start finasteride and what you could do in order not to have further gynecomastias.

Regarding overweight. It is always recommended to lose weight and control your diet. Fat and hormonal imbalance are tightly linked to each other.

I think the most probable cause it is a combination between overweight and finasteride. Overweight is related to pseudogynecomastia as I have explained and in most cases there is also hormonal imbalance. So you were predisposed and Finasteride could have contribute to trigger somehow.

- - - Updated - - -

As SayifDoit said, hormonal treatment is very dangerous and we can not recommend anything. Ask your doctor :)

g.i joey

Reaction score
It depends on the cause of your gyno.

Different causes:

1) Endocrinologic:

-Estrogens- If your hormonal bloodworks show high estrogens and doctor says it is the cause of your gynecomastia, if he recommends you to do it, you could use estrogens blockers to reduce gynecomastia. But I don´t know if it is adviceble to mix them with finasteride.

-Prolactin- Other treatment. But if you have high prolactin you are f*****

-Androgens- Low testosterone

-Hyperthiroidism

2) Overweight.
I suppossed you to be overweight at 214 pounds unless you are 7" tall. If your hormones are good your "gyno" could be due to pseudogynecomastia which is common in overweght people.

3) Others. Such us liver problems, alcoholism and rare ones.

So you see we can not recommend anything. As far as I am concerned about your case you have 2 etiologies: Overweight and drug (finasteride).
If you have hormonal imbalances responsible of your gynecomastia (due to finasteride probably or others circumtances) please pay attention to your doctor and ask him if it would be adviceble to re-start finasteride and what you could do in order not to have further gynecomastias.

Regarding overweight. It is always recommended to lose weight and control your diet. Fat and hormonal imbalance are tightly linked to each other.

- - - Updated - - -

As SayifDoit said, hormonal treatment is very dangerous and we can not recommend anything. Ask your doctor :)

mine is also barely noticeable and its in one nipple.. its a tiny little lump. i could say my nipples have been less puffy in the past 2 days but the sizeof the lump didnt change.. to be honest i feel like it is the estrogen and i mean if it was high prolactin then i wouldve had no sex drive.. that was never really a problem the 2 months i was on finasteride nor the 4 or 5 days ive been off it.. and yes i believe me being overweight at 5'11 215 pounds plays a big role in that... anyways thanks for the help, if this lump would stay the same size i might even consider getting back on propecia after my Doctor appointment on feb 9th... i mean im stuck with it anyways right?

MEVOYACURAR

Established Member
Reaction score
I edited a little my comment but you writted so fast. (I do it because I have to re-read and re-write as it is not my language)

Read the last paragraph.

And also changed that... prolactin and other reasons would be extremely rare.

As we have already said, Go to a doctor to know what´s happening on your body and ask him about re-starting finasteride. We don´t know the cause of your lump. By the way you can go back here and tell us what the doctor said. What should you do? SayifDoit (for instance) quitted finasteride, you will make your own decision, it is only up to you. But let´s see what doctor says.

0-100realquick

Established Member
Reaction score
I suggest you get off finasteride for a couple months and eat clean and workout. Go see a doctor to see what exactly is the problem causing your gyno. Sometimes people are able to take a break from finasteride and get back on after a few months without getting sides again.

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Try progesterone cream for a faster recovery.They compete with both estrogen and testos receptors in the body.Apply a small amount on the lump for about 1 month id say.If you do then go for the natural alternative one IMO.

MEVOYACURAR

Established Member
Reaction score
Try progesterone cream for a faster recovery.They compete with both estrogen and testos receptors in the body.Apply a small amount on the lump for about 1 month id say.If you do then go for the natural alternative one IMO.

Pffff... We don't know why you have that lump, but progesterone is a DHT blocker (as finasteride). So if you think finasteride is a probable cause of your gyno I wouldn't do it. As we have already said, playing with hormones is very risky. Maybe it helps for gyno but progesterone is related to worse sexual sides.

Do not worsen your situation, go to a doctor. You already know all you have to know. You need to be medically explored and please ask your doctor before starting any treatment.