Slight Early Results With minoxidil + Dermaneedling

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5% minoxidil 1x daily, 1mL, some days I use liquid, others foam.

Dermaneedling 2x weekly, once lightly with 1mm, once with firmer pressure at 1.5mm, have never bled.. I only needle until I get a uniform mild redness. All over crown and hairline.

I don't wait 24 hours to apply minoxidil. But I do wait a bit. Usually around 4-5 hours. No sides.

Used rollers in the beginning, but now I have a Derminator.

Last edited:

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I enjoy using the Derminator. It's not painful and actually feels somewhat nice. Plus, I'm impatient.

dupapls

My Regimen
Reaction score
that might be overdoing it because you need to give your scalp enough time to recover. gl

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
why only use Minoxidil once daily?

any sides?
Truthfully I don't feel like applying it twice.
Once daily is enough. Results might come faster with twice daily, but I'm not that impatient.
Also, there's the concern of minoxidil causing cardiac problems down the line if you overdose so I'd rather just only apply as much as is necessary

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it's just the illusion of longer hair.

Honestly I have to agree with Lex. I work with an old guy who buzzed his hair few years ago and his hair suddenly looked a lot thinner. I thought he was losing it but It grew back a month later the exact same thickness he had before and has been the same ever since. The only real way to judge is to have the same length of hair in the before and after photos.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly I have to agree with Lex. I work with an old guy who buzzed his hair few years ago and his hair suddenly looked a lot thinner. I thought he was losing it but It grew back a month later the exact same thickness he had before and has been the same ever since. The only real way to judge is to have the same length of hair in the before and after photos.

That's nice and all. But I've been dealing with the despair of hair loss and diffuse thinning or two years now and I know an improvement when I see one. I can feel it. When my hair is wet in the shower, it looks MUCH fuller than before.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's nice and all. But I've been dealing with the despair of hair loss and diffuse thinning or two years now and I know an improvement when I see one. I can feel it. When my hair is wet in the shower, it looks MUCH fuller than before.

Looking fuller when wet is a great sign. I believe you it's just hard to tell sometimes from photographs. Congratulations on turning the corner on hairloss. I remember how good that felt to finally see my hair moving in the right direction.

Last edited:

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking fuller when wet a great sign. I believe you it's just hard to tell sometimes from photographs. Congratulations on turning the corner on hairloss. I remember how good that felt to finally see my hair moving in the right direction.
Question: do you use topical minoxidil?
If so, do you use it 2x per day? and do you wash your hair before each application?

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Question: do you use topical minoxidil?
If so, do you use it 2x per day? and do you wash your hair before each application?

No I dont use minoxidil as it gave me the dark under eye circles and bloated face. When I did I used it twice a day and I just washed my hair every couple days.