slhair's story - (age 32, Asian male)

slhair

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm a 32 year old Asian male, and have lived in the US my whole life. A few months ago my mom started mentioning how my hair looked like it was thinning. I didn't believe her, or maybe I was in denial. But today I went to get a haircut, and I asked the person who has cut my hair every month for the last few years if she thought my hair was thinning. She said yes it was thinning. She said it was thinning only in the front, not in the back or on the sides.

She asked if I have been under stress, and what type of shampoo I've been using. Well late last year I started day trading and losing a lot of money, so that was very stressful. But I quit a couple months ago, so I have felt less stress since then. I have also been using Pert Plus and Head & Shoulders shampoo for years. She wondered why I was using those, because she thinks I don't have dandruff. She told me to try a shampoo called Nioxin, so I bought some of that and will try it out.

I'm not an expert on hair loss, so can you guys please enlighten me on what might be causing my hair to thin? Are stress and shampoo type really factors? Will the Nioxin shampoo help me? What about diet? I love burgers and pizza. I am 6'2" tall, and weigh about 205 lbs, so according to the BMI, I am overweight.

Thanks for any insight you can give me.