Skin Ventilation in Summer - How Do You Guys Even Wear UTS/thin Poly in the Summer?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I speak in reference to UTS-.06mm. Poly units in that range are all equally hot. I don't, with skin, do full hairline exposure, so the upper limit, obviously more durable, which also makes them easier to clean (harder manual rubbing), is preferable to me.

But I'm wearing .03mm, bonded with Got2B, and I don't see how you guys do it. I'm in mild Boston, and just daily wear is uncomfortably hot. I take it off when active because it's just ridiculous. I don't see how someone could go to the beach with one of these on a hot day. And I'm talking Boston hot, not Miami.

And I run cool!

Working out with one of these things? I'll try it as a joke.

I guess it's back to lace for the summer. Who's a good supplier?

In a way, I'm glad I'm forced to buy another lace system. Dark hair + Poly don't mix when it comes creating a realistic hairline.

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
The 0.03 is doable. It doesn’t breathe well, but the thin skin at least allows the heat to escape. I tried running in 0.05 and the sweat literally pooled on my head. I had to squeeze it out and it flowed like a river down my face.

Fully gross...

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It can be hot with a UTS. I do work out and run but I'm not a big sweater. But I will admit that UTS can get uncomfortable in hot weather. I've been on holiday where temps reach 40 degrees Celsius and you do feel like it's way too hot.... I've had to purposely make my way into the pool to keep cool.

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I ordered mostly full cap lace with poly strips(..008)- maybe 15-20% of the system from Lavivid. Yes I wore full poly 1 time and almost scratched the system off my head especially in the gym. And that was a full friggin cap. Never again for me.