Skin rush , dermatitis around adhesive area

crossing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I had a swiss lace hair piece for more than 2 years. I toke great care of it and it last alot! it was perfect until I had to change it. I ordered on the same company newtimeshair and they send it a piece of crap - french lace - without asking me. I asked for return and they rejected. So its several months since I wear this french base hair system. I hate it from day 1 , the thing is I'm having a rash around the glued front area, also forhead area ,its really bad and it heals hard.

This is how it looks

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-17 at 10.35.20-1.jpeg

The glue is at this area, as you can see the rush its right after, I dont understand why its not where the glue is, that means its not an allergy to the glue , what is causing such skin rush ? Here is the glue are :

Untitled.jpg

And french lace crap:

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-17 at 10.32.48.jpeg

Maybe the allergy is from the french lace itself because the glue area protects the skin from contact and nearest contact points with my skin is right on the edges of glued area as the rest tends to rise a little. Or it may be the hair itself so it contact with my skin , the skin sees it as foreign object and start producing antibodies ?

I always had a Seborrheic dermatitis, maybe its just that aggravated by the lace, I don't know.

Is anyone having such allergy from lace systems and managed to solve it somehow ?

The thing is that with the previous swiss lace I didn't have such reaction!

I would drop the whole hair piece thing but now everyone knows that I have real hair, further more my age will increase with at least 10 years. If I start showing around with a bold head, everyone will realize that I always wear a wig.

Thank you!

Last edited:

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
The fact you've always had it might mean your just having a flare up that could be caused by a lot of different things, how do you normally treat it?

French lace or swiss lace are still lace, possibly because french lace is thicker it doesnt let your scalp breath as well as the swiss causing the dermatitis?.

Last edited:

crossing

My Regimen
Reaction score
The fact you've always had it might mean your just having a flare up that could be caused by a lot of different things, how do you normally treat it?

French lace or swiss lace are still lace, possibly because french lace is thicker it doesnt let your scalp breath as well as the swiss causing the dermatitis?.

I don't know about that because the rush is not under the lace :(

I also applied a lot of regular Nivea hairspray lately, especially on those affected area, and that's because this french crap lace tends to fades on higher speed , so I added some hair powder on those areas and used hairspray to make it stick and I'm sure plenty of it went on my skin right on those irritated areas but I tried to clean it as hard as I could.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know about that because the rush is not under the lace :(

I also applied a lot of regular Nivea hairspray lately, especially on those affected area, and that's because this french crap lace tends to fades on higher speed , so I added some hair powder on those areas and used hairspray to make it stick and I'm sure plenty of it went on my skin right on those irritated areas but I tried to clean it as hard as I could.
If its not under the lace why do you think its the lace thats causing it?

crossing

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean it breaths the same, it may be the french lace edges, I dont know how, I just need to solve this issue

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a swiss lace hair piece for more than 2 years. I toke great care of it and it last alot! it was perfect until I had to change it.

How the HELL did you manage to make a Swiss lace system last 2 years? That's crazy and NOT very common. When I used to wear an all Swiss lace system, I got 6 to 9 months out of it before it was past its best and needed replacing. I now wear a thin skin and Swiss lace hybrid, and get about 4 months out of it before I replace it (I'm perfectly happy with that, though).

I ordered on the same company newtimeshair and they send it a piece of crap - french lace - without asking me.

If a company send you the wrong product, you are entitled to a recent or replacement, end of story. If you ordered Swiss lace but they sent you French, then it's their mistake and the onus is on them to fix the issue.

crossing

My Regimen
Reaction score
He
How the HELL did you manage to make a Swiss lace system last 2 years? That's crazy and NOT very common. When I used to wear an all Swiss lace system, I got 6 to 9 months out of it before it was past its best and needed replacing. I now wear a thin skin and Swiss lace hybrid, and get about 4 months out of it before I replace it (I'm perfectly happy with that, though).

If a company send you the wrong product, you are entitled to a recent or replacement, end of story. If you ordered Swiss lace but they sent you French, then it's their mistake and the onus is on them to fix the issue.

Wen I cut the hair piece I kept what was left, around 3-5cm all around it. After 1 year I cut the front area to match with what I have and used the system for another year, I also used some hair fibers for other areas but front area was the main issue.

They dont want th replace it because I didnt used for several months, at the first look it seems right ...

Do you have thin skin and swill lace on front area ? What is the advantage of this system ? I thought it will last longer because the hair is glued while on lace systems it can go away when you comb your hair. I also dont understand why people say that swiss lace last less time compare with swiss lace, swill lace material had no issue after 2 years.

What supplier do you use /prices ?