skin problems w minoxidil

marco2000

Reaction score
dear community,

i am using minoxidil 5% for half a year now. as main part of my regime it probably helps me keeping my status: after a year of intensive hairloss things have stabilized since i started the treatment.

But: One thing that paranoids me are horror stories about side-effects which are not refered to in patient information sheet. As most of you know, such stories are spread all over the web: Skin-Aging, wrinkles, enlared pores. Of course I am arefully observing myself, but naturally it is quite difficult to tell weather your skin is about to change in the long-term and how this change is related to the medication.

So what I would like to know is: Are there any studies dealing with the effect off minoxidil on facial skin? Are there members around, who did some systematic research on the individual level (switching on/off and observing changes)? As I couldn't find any stories about side effects in female forums (except from facial hair growth) - do you think it would be smart to switch to 2% to be on the safe side?

thanks & happy new year,
marco