skin or hair?

Defiance

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, iv'e been on minoxidil + finasteride for roughly 14 months and in that time my skin has takin quite a dramatic change for the worse.

Im not one of those finasteride sides bashers or hypercondriacs but i can honestly say about two months after taking these drugs i noticed a definate increase in fine lines. Now over a year down the track iv'e had to counter these sides with skin/ eye creams and the odd supplement.
Its mainly just my under eye area, where there is dark circles and a few wrinkles, it really bugs me (not genetic rest of my family + parents had great skin) and im only 21

Pros- im maintaining my hair/ hairline
cons- My skin mainly under eye area just generally looks years older than it should

At the end of the day i would far rather have hair over good skin, i guess its just a sh*tty side i would rather not deal with

Anyone else dealing with similiar sides?

Jokerman

Established Member
Reaction score
It's the minoxidil. I've never used it, but there's been countless people here who have had the same experience.

bigjohnson

Established Member
Reaction score
its absolutely minnox.... it gave me a few fine lines around my eyes like crows feeet but no big deal i mean guys look better with a little character as long as u arent getting jowels (double chin type sh*t) lol... just watch your weight i suspect being overweight really makes minnox kill ur skin and make u look really f*****g bloated.

Defiance

Established Member
Reaction score
mmmm yea i thought it was the minoxidil, but had heard the odd story about finasteride doing similiar things, (is it even possible, lowering of DHT having a negative skin impact?)

Might cut down on my minoxidil % then, my face is definately not bloated or nethin which you hear of alot, just the fine lines and dark eye circles
:thumbdown2: