Skin Issues With Hair Replacement System

strider_420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All, i have been using system from the past 5 years , all that time i did not face any issue wearing them but now when ever i wear them my scalp get reddish and itchy .I have used medicated shampoo to kill the bacterias but im not getting any help from it.Its been more then 5months im suffering from this issue. Anybody else here face such issue ,pls share your experiences and medication you took.

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Strider, what kind of adhesives and base are you using?

strider_420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Strider, what kind of adhesives and base are you using?
Im using this base ,attached. as i dont know the name sorry.
I no longer use adhesives as they cause rashes ,i use now medicated tape still have issues with it .

Attachments

• cap.jpg
    cap.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 259

Noah

Reaction score
That's quite an old-fashioned looking design. I'm guessing this was bought in South Asia? The centre of the base is monofilament, which is breathable, but there is quite a large polythene section, which is not breathable and could allow sweat to build up. Does the irritation occur in the areas where the poly ring is?

strider_420

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's quite an old-fashioned looking design. I'm guessing this was bought in South Asia? The centre of the base is monofilament, which is breathable, but there is quite a large polythene section, which is not breathable and could allow sweat to build up. Does the irritation occur in the areas where the poly ring is?
yes bro exactly the irritation and reddishness occur where the poly ring is :-(

Noah

Reaction score
I think you might be able to solve your problem by getting an all-lace system, which would be fully breathable, rather than your current partially poly base which is trapping sweat under your unit. PM if you want suggestions for suppliers.

Noah