skin care!

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
I like Aloe vera. It's cheap and it works, and you can even add a cup or two of aloe vera juice to a bath and just soak your entire body in it.

Gregoryhero50

Reaction score
TAOIST SOAP IS A SCAM

Stop eating fried, oily, processed or highly sugary foods (or limit them). Drink plenty of water, 2-3 litres depending on how much you exercise. Don't touch your skin unnecessarily. And use a gentle face wash which clears bacteria, reduces inflammation but isn't too harsh on your skin like taoist handmade soap. If you fix the internal, the external will heal itself.

The posts here that were banned were people giving the truth about this soap. TAOIST SOAP IS A SCAM.
Even if they ban me I will continue to spread awareness everywhere. I wont stop because what this company is doing is CRUEL!!! They buy a soap from a KOREAN brand called Bamboo Salt Soap. IT DOES NOT PROMOTE HAIR GROWTH OR CURE ACNE. Even though there are tons of good reviews you have to look closer because all those reviews are fake fake FAKE. Especially of you check out taoist soap on youtube you can find that the commenters are all inactive account. Please if you decide to buy this soap at least get ot for $5 off of amazon. Theres links and more information here. Please spread the awareness and dont let the CROOKS get another $50 for a $5 soap!!!

https://m.facebook.com/Taoist-Soap-SCAM-554585731356170/?ref=bookmarks

Reaction score
Protecting your skin from the sun is the A and O of skin care. This way your skin will look like a baby when you are in your 60s. Use high protection factor lotions and use sunscreen even when you are just going out for a few minutes into the sun in the city in summer or something.

Bernsajenkins

Reaction score
Taoist Soap is a scam ...

The posts here that were banned were people giving the truth about this soap. TAOIST SOAP IS A SCAM.
Even if they ban me I will continue to spread awareness everywhere. I wont stop because what this company is doing is CRUEL!!! They buy a soap from a KOREAN brand called Bamboo Salt Soap. IT DOES NOT PROMOTE HAIR GROWTH OR CURE ACNE. Even though there are tons of good reviews you have to look closer because all those reviews are fake fake FAKE. Especially of you check out taoist soap on youtube you can find that the commenters are all inactive account. Please if you decide to buy this soap at least get ot for $5 off of amazon. Theres links and more information here. Please spread the awareness and dont let the CROOKS get another $50 for a $5 soap!!!

https://m.facebook.com/Taoist-Soap-SCAM-554585731356170/?ref=bookmarks

Omgoshh I thougt I was the only crazy one because of all the good reviews!!!! I read the facebook post and I freaking can't believe it I knew I wasn't insane lolollll thank you so much for the justice!!!

KmJyoti

Reaction score

1. Avoid things that dry and irritate the skin, such as fragrances and dyes in soaps, laundry detergents, fabric softeners, etc, particularly during the cold months when the air is hot and dry inside and cold and dry outside.
  2. Washcloths, loofahs, sponges or anything that abrades the skin will contribute to skin dryness
  3. Not everyone needs moisturizers or toners as the cosmetics companies will have us believe. There is no use for a moisturizer for oily skin. And using a toner that dries your skin and then a moisturizer afterwards makes little sense.
  4. Don't squeeze out pimples. That contributes to scarring.
  5. Topical medications that contain neomycin, bacitracin, lidocaine, diphenhydramine (Benadryl) and vitamin E can cause allergic reactions in a significant number of people
  6. Applying vitamin E on scars does not improve scar appearance and may even worsen it according to studies.
  7. Make sure to check yourself, kids and pets for ticks after being outdoors. Ask your doctor if the tick can be sent to the lab to be analyzed.

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score

1. Avoid things that dry and irritate the skin, such as fragrances and dyes in soaps, laundry detergents, fabric softeners, etc, particularly during the cold months when the air is hot and dry inside and cold and dry outside.
  2. Washcloths, loofahs, sponges or anything that abrades the skin will contribute to skin dryness
  3. Not everyone needs moisturizers or toners as the cosmetics companies will have us believe. There is no use for a moisturizer for oily skin. And using a toner that dries your skin and then a moisturizer afterwards makes little sense.
  4. Don't squeeze out pimples. That contributes to scarring.
  5. Topical medications that contain neomycin, bacitracin, lidocaine, diphenhydramine (Benadryl) and vitamin E can cause allergic reactions in a significant number of people
  6. Applying vitamin E on scars does not improve scar appearance and may even worsen it according to studies.
  7. Make sure to check yourself, kids and pets for ticks after being outdoors. Ask your doctor if the tick can be sent to the lab to be analyzed.

Source ?

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
All you really need is to cleanse the skin twice a day (not with a soap!). Apply an exfoliant. Use a product that contains a cocktail combination of different antioxidants. Apply sunscreen. At night, you can use a retinol based moisturizer or better yet, a product that contains tretinoin. Topical application of Vitamin C and Vitamin A (tretinoin or retinol) are the main anti aging ingredients, but #1 is sunscreen. If all else fails, simply use a sunscreen to avoid aging and sunspots. You have to use products that fit your skin type (oily, dry or combination). For acne, try salicylic acid before trying benzoyl peroxide, which is more harsh). I personally would recommend tretinoin since it's anti-aging and anti-acne!

If you need more info, let me know.

could you give some specific recommendations and brands/strengths of products as well as frequency? Now that I am in my 30s this is a concern of mine. I've gotten tretinoin .025% and glycolic acid 12%. I try to rotate these nightly. In the morning I use an spf 30 broad spectrum sunscreen and wash face twice a day with gentle face wash.

what is your opinion on eye creams and do u have recommendations? Thanks

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm no expert, but I've done a lot of research and read a lot on skin care, there's a lot of BS out there, so here's what I've learned.

There is no real miracle skin care product or ingredient that can turn back the clock and make you have younger looking skin. So the key is to use products that:

- protect your skin from daylight (the thing that lights up the planet, not just direct sun UV rays)
- exfoliate your skin (as it used to do on its own when you were younger)
- cleanse the skin
- give back antioxidants (that your skin lost due to sun damage and aging)

A must:

- sunscreen
- cleanser
- exfoliant

Antioxidants are actually optional. Some skin experts believe that they just sit on your skin and don't do anything, or can't penetrate deep enough. Some disagree.

Your products should be free of irritants or harmful ingredients, little or no fragrance, etc.

In the morning, you cleanse your face, apply an antioxidant loaded toner (totally optional), apply exfoliant, apply antioxidant loaded serum (optional), apply sunscreen liberally. If you're in direct sunlight, sun rays hitting your face, reapply sunscreen 2 hours later. Always stay out of the direct sunlight as much possible. No need of sunscreen in the evening when can't see the sun on the horizon and it's dark outside.

Before you go to bed, cleanse your skin, apply your tretinoin (or retinol) based product and then moisturizer. Moisturizer should ideally contain antioxidants, cell-communicating ingredients and skin-repairing ingredients (also known as skin-identical ingredients). I basically mix the a pea size tretinoin with the moisturizer (also add a bit of serum).

For the eye area, you don't need an eye cream, just applying an antioxidant based serum is good enough (same product you use on your face). Eye cream is just something they invented to make more money. It's unnecessary. But you do need to apply sunscreen on your eye area (including eyelids). I apply the exfoliant + serum + retinol based moisturizer (tretinoin too strong). Like I said, it's possible that these antioxidant serums/moisturizers may not do much for your skin, but I use them anyway.

I have acne prone skin, so I combine my skin care routine with anti-acne and anti-aging products. If I don't follow this routine, I get inflamed pimples and generally feel miserable.

I don't know much about glycolic acid, but that % may be too much for daily application. I use SA because of acne, and I know for example, 1% SA may not be good enough. BTW, if you suffer from rosacea, I would recommend SA. Rotating is fine, but it really depends how much your skin can tolerate. The more frequently you use tretinoin (exfoliates inside the skin), the better. Same for glycolic acid (exfoliates outer layer of skin). As long as you don't cause inflammation (redness, that's damaging your skin), it's fine.

I would highly recommend the brand Paula's Choice. I've learned a lot from the Paula Begoun (famous in the skin care industry), but I also use other brands, too. For example, sunscreen is cheaper from another brand, etc.

So I hope that gives you an idea. Skin care is a lot more complicated. It depends on what your trying to address, your skin type, etc. So my routine or products may not be the same as yours.

Keep in mind, you can apply sunscreen to your face, but if you don't apply it to your neck area, ears or back of the neck, it won't look good as you grow older. But in most cases, I'll apply everywhere if I'm outside in direct sunlight. So yeah, it's time consuming. The sun is too omnipresent and causes problems.

Which antioxidant based serum do you use for your eyes ? And which exfoliant + serum + retinol based moisturizer do you use for your eyes? My eye area is dark, skin is light.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
TCA peel every 6 months, moisturiser with tretinoin everyday, also factor 30. Sometimes, it's good to get 10/15 mins of pure sun on your face without sunscreen. It's great at boosting your mood and Vit D. Get plenty of Vit C and stay away from sunbeds!!!