Six Year Long Hair Loss Battle, Time To Let It Go? (with Pics)

tomcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
come on dont give up atleast now ! u have nice hair i think u would be ok with oral mino and duta

James227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil? I don't know much about it too be honest, but what I do hear is that that sh*t is risky! Duta is an option I suppose, but again, risky...

James227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just looked up that Alex Somebody's thread and a few of his YouTube videos... man, those results are unreal! Anyway guys, thanks for all your feedback, I think I might look into dermarolling and maybe see if there are any other supplements that I can take that I may of overlooked. Gonna stay away from these kinda sites now... well, I'm gonna do my best anyway!! Ha ha! Thanks again and good luck to you all!

James.

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just cut it short and try to keep what you have as long as you can, don't take this stupid decision you will end up a miserable bald loser.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I was disappointed at first. Then at the end I thought my result was quite decent, but after an extra 200 grafts, I’m happy with my result. I need to upload pics of the finished result.
I only saw one new photo in your thread, no new photos. You’ve maintained and can disguise it well. Your hair and situation really is incredibly similar to mine... yes dutasteride did improve density a little. I only take 0.5 mg eod though, might get better results of every day. I won’t push you any further regarding a hair transplant. But I urge you to continue treatments, even if you shave, it will give you more options in the future, if you do decide to ever go for a hair transplant...

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly though, you need to deal with this in multiple ways, mentally and medically. It sounds as if you are not dealing with this. You either have to accept it, and program yourself to not care anymore, or fight it with all you’ve got, including surgery to restore your hair. Or both. But you can’t continue on limbo like you are now.

Drake013

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, gonna try and keep it brief... one year into finasteride, three month gap, back on it for six months. Minoxidil for three years roughly. Other sh*t too but nothing worth mentioning... and that's where I'm at, six years in overall since I started to notice my hair loss and just did nothing for way too long. Not seeing a whole lot of improvement. Kinda thinking about jacking it in this year, I dunno? I hate my hair and its running my life! All this effort and for what? Don't think I'll ever be satisfied with it now. Anyway, take a look at this pictures and let me know what you think, is it time to let it go or what? First five are from roughly two years ago, second five are from roughly one year ago and the last eight are from yesterday. I know I'm no serial poster here or nothing, but I'm gonna make this thread my last. I check this site and others like it every day, its not healthy. I'm only making this thread now because I've nobody left in the real world to talk to about this stuff, they're all sick of hearing about it! Anyway, as always, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

James.
What a f*** dude don't give up you maintained your hair and maybe grew a little, think about a hair transplant in maybe 10 years and keep fighting don't let it go, dude don't heard what other people says.
CARRY ON we all are in the same boat, keep it together

Drake013

My Regimen
Reaction score
For instance, this is my hair right now, just finished work, ten hour day, working outside. I know it's fake, but I consider it fairly well hidden, I guess unless you know what you're looking for...?
Bro I can't even see the hair loss in that last pic, nobody can notice it
Advice Keep fighting

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, gonna try and keep it brief... one year into finasteride, three month gap, back on it for six months. Minoxidil for three years roughly. Other sh*t too but nothing worth mentioning... and that's where I'm at, six years in overall since I started to notice my hair loss and just did nothing for way too long. Not seeing a whole lot of improvement. Kinda thinking about jacking it in this year, I dunno? I hate my hair and its running my life! All this effort and for what? Don't think I'll ever be satisfied with it now. Anyway, take a look at this pictures and let me know what you think, is it time to let it go or what? First five are from roughly two years ago, second five are from roughly one year ago and the last eight are from yesterday. I know I'm no serial poster here or nothing, but I'm gonna make this thread my last. I check this site and others like it every day, its not healthy. I'm only making this thread now because I've nobody left in the real world to talk to about this stuff, they're all sick of hearing about it! Anyway, as always, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

James.

Your hair loss is not that noticeable when your hair is long. I would stick to the Finasteride. Essentially you were on it for 3 months and stopped for 3 then were on it for 6 months. You can add dermarolling to your regimen with the Minoxidil or, depending on how much funds you have, add something like Latanprost to the regimen (could use the eye drops right after derma rolling or get powder and add to Minoxidil). Alternatively you could add oral Minoxidil. Low dose, like 2.5mg/day (split the 5mg tablet into 4 and take two pieces twice a day). Also using something like iRestore could help. Again---your hair loss is easily covered up if you go to a salon and get a good hair cut and then use things like Toppik.

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You don’t have alopecia. I’m pretty sure half the members here aren’t. You wanna see battle? Go check the hair transplant section where German guy loses half his hair before his twenties while being a diffuse patient. Where the f*** is your hair loss exactly? Your hair is fine and you drug yourself because you’re stupid. Man what is wrong with people these days... WHERE IS YOYR RECESSION ALL YOU DO IS ZOOM IN YOUR SCALP WHEN YOU SEPARATE HAIR ITS THE SAME FOR EVERYONE YOU FOOL!

Can’t stand this sh*t anymore man, these kids are retarded. They literally register to cry about a condition they don’t have. I suppose it’s the easy way of catching some attention and not feeling useless.

Yeah, I’ll gladly take the ban for disrupting this moron’s delusions. I’m glad I did.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
You don’t have alopecia. I’m pretty sure half the members here aren’t. You wanna see battle? Go check the hair transplant section where German guy loses half his hair before his twenties while being a diffuse patient. Where the f*** is your hair loss exactly? Your hair is fine and you drug yourself because you’re stupid. Man what is wrong with people these days... WHERE IS YOYR RECESSION ALL YOU DO IS ZOOM IN YOUR SCALP WHEN YOU SEPARATE HAIR ITS THE SAME FOR EVERYONE YOU FOOL!

Can’t stand this sh*t anymore man, these kids are retarded. They literally register to cry about a condition they don’t have. I suppose it’s the easy way of catching some attention and not feeling useless.

Yeah, I’ll gladly take the ban for disrupting this moron’s delusions. I’m glad I did.

While I agree this persons hair loss is not the end of the world and is not as bad as he is making it out to be, it does not mean he has no hair loss. The sooner it is noticed and treated, the more effective keeping the hair for a long time will be.

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
While I agree this persons hair loss is not the end of the world and is not as bad as he is making it out to be, it does not mean he has no hair loss. The sooner it is noticed and treated, the more effective keeping the hair for a long time will be.

Bro, in six years this fool’s hair would be down the sink. People need to realize the difference between alopecia and a maturing hairline. The guy is fine. He went neither forward nor backwards BECAUSE he has NO alopecia. The texture of hair or the thickness could very well have been disrupted by the extensive use of minoxidil.

James227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm trying so hard to stay away from these kinda sites but I literally don't know where else to ask?

This hairloss is extreme! I have just recently shaved my head as it's gotten that bad. I've had long hair all my life and I would have never cut it unless it was absolutely necessary, I can assure you! If I rub my hand across my scalp I easily pull out or knock out 5 - 10 hairs every time, and this just carries on. Like if I rubbed for ever all my hair would be gone. It's been like this for 2 months now. The day I decided to shave my head I kept running my fingers through my hair and pulled out over 200 hairs in one sitting... and it would have just kept on coming! That's not counting what I lose in the shower, on my pillow, on my clothes. Seriously, this is crazy! I wish I could show somebody! What is going on? The only thing I have changed in my routine is I went from using liquid minoxidil (roughly 3/4 years on it) to the foam because I suddenly started getting harsh white flakes all over my head. I used the foam for about 3 months, started losing hair rapidly and panicked, went back to the liquid roughly a month ago. Flakes are back badly by the way! I'm going for my bloods at the end of the month just to rule out any kind of deficiency, but I highly doubt it's gonna be that. Please, has anyone experienced anything like this whilst on finasteride??

I am really struggling with this so o would appreciate anything anyone has to say. I have however decided not to risk duta and I can't brin myself to pay thousands of pounds me a hair transplant as if I didn't work or I wasn't happy with it, I would be in a worse place mentally that I am now.

James227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Got that booked in too. 3 month waiting list for a counsellor.

Also most likely going on some kind of anti depressant or anti anxiety medication when I go back and see my doctor in a couple of weeks.

James227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Should see me now man, it’s a few years on, it looks f*****g stupid. I shaved my head 2 years ago, had a bit of a melt down! Ha ha! I’ve grown it back out since, it’s thin as f*** though. Just currently going through contacting some clinics here in the uk to see about a hair transplant and weigh up whether or not it’s something I could actually go through with? It’s such a lot of money and you hear nothing but bad reviews about uk clinics but going abroad is just not an option for me. I know it’ll probably look sh*t as well as I’ve got diffused thinning virtually all over rather than an actual bald spot. Ah, I dunno... we’ll see I guess? Honestly, wouldn’t wish this on anybody man. I’ve let it ruin my life.

Crowning

My Regimen
Reaction score
Should see me now man, it’s a few years on, it looks f*****g stupid. I shaved my head 2 years ago, had a bit of a melt down! Ha ha! I’ve grown it back out since, it’s thin as f*** though. Just currently going through contacting some clinics here in the uk to see about a hair transplant and weigh up whether or not it’s something I could actually go through with? It’s such a lot of money and you hear nothing but bad reviews about uk clinics but going abroad is just not an option for me. I know it’ll probably look sh*t as well as I’ve got diffused thinning virtually all over rather than an actual bald spot. Ah, I dunno... we’ll see I guess? Honestly, wouldn’t wish this on anybody man. I’ve let it ruin my life.
You stopped propecia?

James227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
nah, been on it now for about four years or so. It’s effects (if any) are for sure wearing off though.