Six months in on topical finasteride.. experiences?

captain_que

Established Member
Reaction score
I’m six months in on Hims 0,3% 6 % topical finasteride/minoxidil. I keep it buzzed so it’s alright to apply with the spray applicator.
Haven’t seen any real improvement yet but still early I guess.

Anyone have any experience with topical fln, and more specifically Hims?

Funny thing; I was told to apply four sprays once per day. A six month supply was two bottles. After six months I have a full bottle left. Hims couldn’t give a good answer as to why.

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm on Happy Head 0.025% finasteride and 6% min. It works phenomenally for me. Zero sides. I was oral finasteride 1mg for 14 years and had sides the whole time but didn't want to lose my hair. Topical is more effective than oral for me. It was the unicorn I was looking for.

thatslin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm on Happy Head 0.025% finasteride and 6% min. It works phenomenally for me. Zero sides. I was oral finasteride 1mg for 14 years and had sides the whole time but didn't want to lose my hair. Topical is more effective than oral for me. It was the unicorn I was looking for.
14 years of oral finasteride? Does the treatment still keep its efficacy after this many years?

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score

Did you have erection issues on oral finasteride, that's what I had and stopped after a month? How much does Happy Head cost? I might try that instead

Hope111

My Regimen
Reaction score
14 years of oral finasteride? Does the treatment still keep its efficacy after this many years?
I have been 12 years old and I have lost density or thickness for 4 years. I notice it when I pass my hand, but people tell me that I still have great hair. Entries have advanced but little. Combing my hair to one side and some quiff hides perfectly. The problem is the sides. I am also interested in experiences with topic

sunlight2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m six months in on Hims 0,3% 6 % topical finasteride/minoxidil. I keep it buzzed so it’s alright to apply with the spray applicator.

Funny thing; I was told to apply four sprays once per day. A six month supply was two bottles. After six months I have a full bottle left. Hims couldn’t give a good answer as to why.
Hi, I have used both Hims and Manual topicals with the spray applicators (including Manual's 10% minoxidil+finasteride combo) and unfortunately didn't see results. Having said that I'm 48 and have been on finasteride/dutasteride for about 25 years. I'm NW3 and recession is continuing, but probs an age thing.
I found the spray applicators messed up existing hair and didn't feel like they were as targeted as using a dropper.
I'm going to try oral minoxidil next, along with dutasteride.

Xenophon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I have used both Hims and Manual topicals with the spray applicators (including Manual's 10% minoxidil+finasteride combo) and unfortunately didn't see results. Having said that I'm 48 and have been on finasteride/dutasteride for about 25 years. I'm NW3 and recession is continuing, but probs an age thing.
I found the spray applicators messed up existing hair and didn't feel like they were as targeted as using a dropper.
I'm going to try oral minoxidil next, along with dutasteride.

Spray is mindblowingly retarded. They want you to waste 1/2 the product as hair spray. Droppers waste 1/4 the product as hair spray. All these 30ml bottles should be 40ml and stay the same price.

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
Did you have erection issues on oral finasteride, that's what I had and stopped after a month? How much does Happy Head cost? I might try that instead
Yes, I had erection issues and my penis had that weird, slight numbness that other people have talked about. I also had brain fog on oral.

Happy Head is $80 per month. It's not cheap but over two years using it now, and I love it. My hair is the best it has been in a long time.