Since Using Finastride, If Anyone Else Has Experienced This? Type Of Tingling Feeling On Head

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I made a post already about since my usage of Finastride but this one I wanted to ask a specific question of something I am experiencing in the first month and if it's normal

Since starting Finastride for about a month, for example when I sleep or even early mornings I do feel like a tingling feeling on my crown and the front of my hair, it's almost as if I can feel it thinning. I never felt tingling in my head/hair/scalp before, this again is since the 1 month of finastride.

I don't know what that means or it is, is it because as mentioned in my previous posts since being on Finastride there is definetely some visual thinning/receeding of the front of my hairline and I feel my temples have thinning out a bit more too so the hair is lighter?

And then again since the 1 month finastride, for sure when I am in the shower the warm water definetely around the crown area has that feeling when you almost want to keep the warm water there as it feels good, you know like when you want to scratch your skin but you shouldn't the same feeling I have when I have in the weeks shower with warm water and it touches my crown area

Are these things others have experience in initial use of Finastride and what does it all mean?

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No one seems to know exactly what that tingling is but in my, and some other peoples, opinion it is the body attacking the hair follicles in that area. Some say this is not true but I only feel this strong burning feeling in my right temple and crown, the regions where I am balding. I always had this feeling on finasteride, I don't think its a good sign personally, I also felt it most strongly after testosterone producing activities like masturbating and exercise, in my mind at least, increase in T and follicular pain are not a good sign. Again there is no scientific basis to what I am saying, but in my mind I am certain this is the case.

Oh man that's not good. I didn't get it with Minoxidil, I just get it in the 1 month on Finastride.

It's definetely not an itch as I don't feel to scratch it but I seem to always get it around early mornings when I wake and when I lie down. Sometimes I have to touch the area hairline and temples as if I'm expecting to get hair in my hands if I touch it which I don't. Just like you yes I feel it also in the thinning/balding areas, templates crown and bit of hairline.

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For me it feels like a burning sensation under the skin, moving hairs around hurts during this time, usually I wash my hair and stay combing it or massage the scalp to alleviate the pain. In my case going on an aggressive regime and stopping all testosterone producing activities made it go away, I haven't felt it since then. Then again obviously a strong regime and not doing any testosterone prod activities is a step to far for most, I'm just telling you what I deduced after 2 years of finasteride, 3 years of balding and starting a strong regime, some wont agree but this is how I see it.

Ok that's way more than what I am feeling, mine is def. not that bad

What do you mean my agressive regime?

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I try to reduce my testosterone to female range by taking 2 strong antiandrogens (I'm currently only on 1 but I'm getting on the second soon) and also take dutasteride and finasteride combined together with oral and topical minoxidil. This regime is the 'nuclear' route though mostly trans people take it, but I'm a strong believer that removing as much T as possible is the answer to hair loss that's why I went down this route.

That doesn't sound good man, what about going to the gym, and exercise and sex etc...I'm 34 not sure how old you are but your killing your T sounds not right to me

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course you're free to do what you want, but why not give spironolactone some time? It might work for you, and already is a nuclear option.

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have had a intense headache for 3 years, it is like the pain produced by sinusitis, witha little bit of feber, i havent done anything strange that could cause me fever, could it be finasteride the responsible of my headache? I've been 2 months on it now

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive been on it for 5 days and already feel the effects of less T, Libido is gone and haven't got an erection since, its probably a placebo though so lets see if the effects maintain. I think I'm also going to add 25mg of CPA, hopefully that will knock me down to the female range.
When I was on 150mg of spironolactone I had no sex drive and my dick was floppy and useless.. Good times. The shed is what made me drop the stuff. Maybe If I rode it out I would have got regrowth but it went on for 2 months and was worse than my minoxidil shed. I hope you get better results. I may give it another go now that I've dropped finasteride. Good luck!
Also, be wary of Cypoterone as it's a steroidal anti androgen. So if you stop due to something like gyno you may experience the mother of all dread sheds. Be careful.

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I was on 150mg of spironolactone I had no sex drive and my dick was floppy and useless.. Good times. The shed is what made me drop the stuff. Maybe If I rode it out I would have got regrowth but it went on for 2 months and was worse than my minoxidil shed. I hope you get better results. I may give it another go now that I've dropped finasteride. Good luck!
Also, be wary of Cypoterone as it's a steroidal anti androgen. So if you stop due to something like gyno you may experience the mother of all dread sheds. Be careful.

Hi anxiousAndy, do you think its possible to shed after stopping spironolactone?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi anxiousAndy, do you think its possible to shed after stopping spironolactone?
Hello, Yea definitely. I apparently started shedding when I dropped finasteride so I imagine the same can happen with spironolactone. In my experience I shed while on it and when I stopped it gradually stopped.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
How can you shed more on spironolactone? How can less androgens lead to more DHT?
I wish I knew the answer to that too buddy. It's a strange phenomenon in the world of hair loss treatments, I'm gutted no anti androgen has worked for me so far.

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can it be that taking an antiandrogen if you dont siffer from male pattern baldness make you go bald do to the AR upregulation + T binding?

TONSofBODYHAIR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can it be that taking an antiandrogen if you dont siffer from male pattern baldness make you go bald do to the AR upregulation + T binding?

i suspect as much, theres alot of people that "preemptively" take finasteride, while being nw1-nw2 then they complain that their temples itch and recede. I think the hairline and temples are more susceptible to testo rather than dht hence why you need estrogen to get regrowth in those areas

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i suspect as much, theres alot of people that "preemptively" take finasteride, while being nw1-nw2 then they complain that their temples itch and recede. I think the hairline and temples are more susceptible to testo rather than dht hence why you need estrogen to get regrowth in those areas
Now im scared af xd, i have a solid nw2 temples but my hairline on the center has been rock solid for the last year

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score

What if you're about NW1-2 diffuse thinner, do you suggest that finasteride might be good choice then? or do you believe that it can make things worse? Thanks

TONSofBODYHAIR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What if you're about NW1-2 diffuse thinner, do you suggest that finasteride might be good choice then? or do you believe that it can make things worse? Thanks

if you are diffuse thinning you need to hop on finasteride anyway, if you see your hairline worsening you can always try some topical form of estrogen however be wary of sides which will be far greater than those on finasteride. There is a reason its a female hormone