Since I Move To Vietnam, I Have Been Loosing More Hair Than Ever, Help Or Advice?

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,
Well i have been almost 2 months in Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh, an since i arrive i have been losing more hair than ever, even short ones about 1cm that i never seen before, i know its something to be with Vietnam, since prior i was 2 months in Philipinnes and didnt have any problem,

What can be causing it?
What can i do?

The rare is that there i almost no bald here, so maybe i am shedding for good, but i am scared, i am thinking in leaving the country, also i am rinsing my hair after shower with bottle water now, but it doesn't seem to improve

I am in Dutas and minoxidil Since a While

Well anything much appreciated

thanks a lot

iCurly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,
Well i have been almost 2 months in Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh, an since i arrive i have been losing more hair than ever, even short ones about 1cm that i never seen before, i know its something to be with Vietnam, since prior i was 2 months in Philipinnes and didnt have any problem,

What can be causing it?
What can i do?

The rare is that there i almost no bald here, so maybe i am shedding for good, but i am scared, i am thinking in leaving the country, also i am rinsing my hair after shower with bottle water now, but it doesn't seem to improve

I am in Dutas and minoxidil Since a While

Well anything much appreciated

thanks a lot
that is weird that you mentioned that , i went holiday there in september of last year for a month and i had the exact same experience with my hair , i went from loosing 10-20 hairs in the uk to loosing an upwards of about 150 in vietnam. This was despite me already having been on finasteride for over 6 months. when i got back to the uk my hair stopped shedding as much within two weeks. i was thinking it could possibly be the difference in weather (uv rays?) and the water. i am not sure myself why though , hopefully we can get some answers.

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that is weird that you mentioned that , i went holiday there in september of last year for a month and i had the exact same experience with my hair , i went from loosing 10-20 hairs in the uk to loosing an upwards of about 150 in vietnam. This was despite me already having been on finasteride for over 6 months. when i got back to the uk my hair stopped shedding as much within two weeks. i was thinking it could possibly be the difference in weather (uv rays?) and the water. i am not sure myself why though , hopefully we can get some answers.

Thanks for the reply, UV rays dont think so, since Virus i havent been going under the sun much, i am betwen water or food, but really i dont know for sure

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Moving from your home country to Vietnam shouldn't make any difference to your hair loss. Male pattern baldness is almost entirely genetic, and environmental factors have only a very limited effect on it. Your hair loss is likely just increasing in aggressiveness naturally to the point that the dutasteride you are using is starting to lose the battle. This of course is unfortunate, because if dutasteride is starting to lose its effectiveness, you're pretty much out of options as dutasteride is the strongest thing we have available apart from those HRT drugs which of course are not viable treatment options for normal men.

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i understand what you say, but i read many histories of people having the same problem in Vietnam, also, to much coincidence that just start after 10 days of arriving here,