Simple Zix !! Scalps Healed + Shedding !

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I suffer from diffused thinning hair in the TOP with an oily scalps only in the TOP too.

along with this hair loss I suffer from psoriasis and scalps hurting itching.

I tried minoxidil 5% for about a year and I dropped because it did nothing then I started it again since February 2016 and I still using it till now. I use it once a day the morning.

I started regenepure dr which contain 1% ketoconazole since July 2016 and it didn't help me much with the itching and scalps hurting problems.

I ordered from amazon usa the zinc + b6 and to make the simple zix lotion and I'm waiting them because I'm living outside the USA. So I purchased from a local pharmacy here a sulfate zinc and distilled water.

I mix my own lotion and I think I put a lot more zinc than the original formula. I can't exactly figure out the quantity of zinc I put it because I bough it as powder. I think I put at least 1000 mg or may be more for 120ml distilled water.

I started using the zix since october 2nd (about two week ago) and I applied once a day at night before going sleep and the morning when I wake up I use minox5%.

THE GOOD THINGS is that I get rid of the scalps hurting/ itching and it was the first time that a product did that to me and I'm VERRRRY happy about it.

Even if I still 4 days without washing my hair the hurt doesn't occur. Before when my hair get exposed to the sun or wind my scalps hurt. even without that the hurt occur always.

Before using the zix lotion when I scratched my scalps with my nails (bad habit) after that my hair hurt a lot and the hurt last for half or may be a whole days, now when I do that I don't feel any hurt after that.

Even when I shaved my hair before with trimmer I always feel hurting in the top of my scalps and now I didn't feel any hurt when I shaved my hair two days ago.

The dandruff decrease considerably too.

THE BAD THINGS is that my shedding increase significantly since I started the zix. Before I used to loose a only a short hair. (Because in my case I have two different layer of hair a hair that grow normally and the other that grow too slowly). Now after using the zix I loose both hair long and short, thin and little bit thicker.

This shedding may be happen because I was covering my hair with a hat during the whole summer (since june 2016) when I go outside so the sun or wind won't hurt my scalps and I remove the hat a week before I start the zix, may be a it's a coincidence.

Or may be also because of the autumn and the weather changing. In the last two week it moved from windy and cold to hot summer sunny day and back to windy. You know the global warming blow up everything.

Or may be because I use a lot of zinc in my formula, so I should drop the quantity of the zinc.

Need your advises guys !! and what do you think about that. should i hold and wait ?

Last edited:

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Good share tzt.
If you like, I would start taking monthly pics of your hair now so you can monitor your progress from original baseline.
Hopefully your shedding stabilizes soon and your zix formulae routine usage yield additional gains.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I am particularly interested in zix for it's reported scalp aid. @worm had some encouraging details pertaining to his experience he graciously passed on to me; as a matter of fact I was unaware of it until he
recently introduced it to me. I have 'the recipe' on next months shopping list. :)

Reactions: tzt

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am particularly interested in zix for it's reported scalp aid. @worm had some encouraging details pertaining to his experience he graciously passed on to me; as a matter of fact I was unaware of it until he
recently introduced it to me. I have 'the recipe' on next months shopping list. :)
i advice you to start like me with only distilled water and zinc and see what is going on, then later add if you want the ethanol so if something wrong happen you can identify the cause.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
i advice you to start like me with only distilled water and zinc and see what is going on, then later add if you want the ethanol so if something wrong happen you can identify the cause.

Thanks tzt, that's sensible advice for anyone to follow.

Reactions: tzt

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@tzt and @I.D WALKER -

First of all this isnt zix at all. I appreciate the fact that your itching has gone down, but zinc and distilled water is not zix at all, and it's misleading people to think it doesnt work. You're basically only rubbing zinc into your scalp. I would hate to have people not try it because of misinformation.

Furthermore eyeballing 1000 mgs is not the same. If you dont mix the zinc sulfate and b6 p5p in the right ratios, i am not surprised the shedding has not gone down.

Also, you absolutely need to use only ethyl alcohol (70%), any other alcohol will not work. Same with distilled water, it cannot be filtered or anything else.

With respect to ketokonazole shampoos, they actually increase my shedding and also make my scalp hurt. Having used it for 3 months back in the winter, i lost a lot of ground. Some people do not respond well to using it, i would suggest you drop it and see how you recover.

Lastly, @Quest has been mixing the formula properly the past few weeks and is experiencing wayyyy less shedding.

Again, im pretty sure the ketocanazole shampoo is likely responsible for your shed, as it was mine.

Cheers

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Worm,thanks for enacting the necessary clarification for all HairLossTalk.com members behalf.
I can see how my responses may have technically convoluted the essential guidelines, we'll all
agree that our readers don't need anymore discombobulation.
I should do a bit of clarification myself in reference to my last post: I think a conservative
approach is generally the smarter way to go if/whenever someone is introducing a
a new line of treatment.

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thx @worm for the clarification, I will drop the keto shampoo and see what happen.
Btw which shampoo do you use ?
Any recomendation?

I m waiting the vitamine b6 and I ll make the lotion with complete ingrediant ,
Thx for the answere.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thx @worm for the clarification, I will drop the keto shampoo and see what happen.
Btw which shampoo do you use ?
Any recomendation?

I m waiting the vitamine b6 and I ll make the lotion with complete ingrediant ,
Thx for the answere.

I just use Head and Shoulders, i massage it in my scalp and let it sit for a few mins. I think it helps with shedding.

If you google H&S and reduce shedding, youll probably find some info.

http://inhumanexperiment.blogspot.ca/2010/02/zinc-pyrithione-reduces-shedding-and.html