Simple question about Dermatch, rogain and washing your hair

Thinning1

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've just jumped onto the dermatch bandwagon and highly recommend the product. excellent. One question I have tho is that they say in the packaging that you shouldn't apply rogain over the top of the dermatch. I'm not sure if this is because it will lower the absorbsion rate or because of some cosmetic thing with the dermatch.

So, assuming I use dermatch every day, it also means I've gota wash my hair every day, wait for it to dry, then apply my rogain. This is a pain in the arse. I also heard that one shouldn't wash their hair everyday as it can be damaging.

So my question is. To those people using dermatch, do you think it really effects the absorbtion rate or am i right to just put the minoxidil over the top of it? And can one wash their hair too much

Cheers,

Crippler

Reaction score
I would also like an answer to this as i had amazing results with dermmatch but stopped it as I wanted to grow real hair back with minoxidil as i couldnt standd washing my every day.
I could of eitther had short term gain (no sign of thininng using dermmatch) or possible long term gain (regrowth through minoxidil but still be thin until then) I took the later option and hope it was the right choice

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
This is exactly one of the resasons why I don't use Rogaine as it has to be applied twice a day. I use Proxiphen with only one application a day, making it possible for me to take a shower, put on Proxi and afterwards Dermmatch. I then sleep with Derm in my hair and repeat the thing the following morning.

Don't think that ONE daily hairwash will damage your hair - but two will!

Thinning1

Reaction score
Hey Buffboy,

I usually only apply rogain once a day anyway, its just the whole washing hair process and re-dermatching process that annoys me. Whats' this Proxiphen you've got? From your signature it looks like a blend of minoxidil with other goodies? Does this only require a once a day application?

Cheers mate,