Silly question

Ouroboros

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey all;

This is probably a stupid question; but where I live there is some pretty fierce wind at times; I know if you have long hair that could be a potential hair loss problem (getting out knots and the like) but is it any concern if you have short hair? I mean; could wind be strong enough it just plain knocks hair right out of your head?
I know its probably a laughable question but I figured maybe one of you is simultaneously a hair loss/physics expert ;) Thanks in advance.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Negative senior.. Any hairs you loose during a brisk wind or the such, are destined to hit the floor to begin with and they are not directly lost as a result of living in a windy climate. Nothing to be concerned with. Its the same thing as if you were to run your hands through your hair and watch several hairs being shed.

James Cole

Reaction score
And what about covertible cars? I have one that I use on weekends only and sometimes after a long trip the top of my scalp hurts, can the wind upset my hairloss?

James Cole

Reaction score
No, If there is sun I use a baseball cap, mostly when its cloudy or at night I get that feeling in the car... can the wind be harmful then?

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think sunburns on the top of your head are not a good thing.

TheOliviaTremorControl

Established Member
Reaction score
I think there is this general confusion all newbies seem to undergo where they confuse natural, human shedding with "hairloss".

The hair you have on your head now is NOT the same hair you had 10 years ago.
Hair NATURALLY falls out (even for people NOT balding).
This occurs in cycles over your head (thats why people aren't suddenly bald one month and hairy the next).

So any hair that the wind is "snatching" off your head was going to fall off anyway, whether it be in the shower, or simply putting on/off a baseball cap.