sides sides sides (not a side effects thread)

jfhawk06

Established Member
Reaction score
i've noticed over the last year or so my sideburns area and just above and even some parts of the side of my head are getting extremely thin. when i do a hair pull test, the hair there seems thinner than the traditional mbp spot on the norwood 2. i cant figure it out...to top it off, my eyebrows have become incredibly thin. the odd thing is i'm exhibiting the typical norwood 2. can male pattern baldness affect these odd areas? anyone else experience this?

dodo

Reaction score
I've also had my side burns and the sides of my head thin at the same rate as the top, but not the back of my head. I'd be interested if anyone had any info?

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem. It´s intriging. I´ve done lots of research and nothing, except the male pattern baldness and some extrange hair shaft diseases. The fact is, if it is not male pattern baldness, the hair will come back to his originary status just with time or healthy life, in every case I found, but I´ve had this thin hair on sides and top (and yes, even in sideburns) for five years. Now I started some treatments (see below) and I´m still waiting. I´ve got hope becouse I´ve had a heavy shed (even in sides) since the beggining (now recovering) and I think it´s a possitive sign.

Just for making a profile, for the past years I have weird sleep pattern, late in the night (3 a.m.) and waking about 12 p.m., i had anxiety/stress, moderate (weekends) use of drugs (anphetamine, pot, alcohol), I do sports (basketball) regularly and a healthy diet, I was wearing very long hair (using pony-tail) when noticed thining for first time, and I´ve got a healthy looking hair w/ no recession, just poor density.

Any ideas on us, global thinners?

P.S.: Thyroid disease is discarded on me.

estates

Reaction score
Wow, So good to find others like me. I guess??
I'm 33 about two yrs ago strted noticing my hair looked and felt odd. Well, now two years later. It still is odd and its because Im loosing it every where. Sideburns, back of head all the way down my neck. I don't even have to shave the hairs on my neck (like you do a week or two later after a hair cut) When my hair is wet. Its like I have a thin layer of hair. No pattern and no bald spots. When hair is dry...looks to others normal. I know better and now don't swim..that sucks..i love to swim.

SoSo you said its been going on for 5 yrs? Ever hear of CTE? You know what the trigger may be? Do you take propecia or Rogain? If you'd ever like to compare notes feel free to email me anytime.

VWdude

Reaction score
do you see a horseshoe pattern on you eyebrows/sideburns?