Sides from minoxdil. Can it be transient and disappear later if I decided to continue

razelscnhaps

Reaction score
Hi

I have side effects from minoxidil.
Breast pain 5/10 minutes after application but especially persistent pain since 3 days at the tendon above the heel of my right foot.

So I would like to stop it but I read that quit so early during the intial shedding could waste 1 hair cycle. Or that the hair could not grow back.

I am so ****ing lost.
If there had not been that shedding, it would have been easy, because my hair loss is not really visible yet, and I do not want it does with that crap, and this mistake (begin/stop/begin again)!

I took it during only 1 week (from around 17 to 22 May, 1ml-1 time/day) and then, stopped it, + again since 3 days !!
My foot becomes very painful! It's been two days that it keeps me awake at night.

razelscnhaps

Reaction score
I know, I had it, but it was so soft that I wonder myself if it was real.
With minoxidil it is the same but very stronger, and few minutes after apply it.

Achilles tendon pain is much more annoying.

razelscnhaps

Reaction score
I agree that it could sounds strange but I never had pain like this one before.
This document (in french) mentionned minoxdil as likely to cause tendinitis pain ("tendinite") but I don't know.

My real problem is that I would stop minoxidil, mainly for other reason (timeline to appreciate effectiveness of propecia, already on, since 5 months) but the shedding has begun so, scary!
It is acceptable when you are still medication but if you're not... I feel trapped and spend all my days to wonder what I'll do when the night comes...