side effects

gopithegr8

Reaction score
dear friends
i am 22 year old , i used minoxidil for about a year and have stopped 6 months back due to some problem (faster heartbeat ), when i applied minoxidil my heart beat faster then, now recently when i was playing cricket i had palpitations , then my Doctor advised 2 d echo , all the results were normal , but some body on this forum suggested to use 2% instead of 5%now for last 15 days i have again started minoxidil but only 2% , i have no problem using 2 %, but when i use 5% i feel little bit uncomfortable, but it is less thaN BEFORE.SHOULD I USE 2 % ? SHOULD I completely stop minoxidil . iam using finasteride for last 1 year. and also nizral 2% twice a week

please suggest me ihave great results with minoxidil

zossima

Reaction score
If you are experiencing heart beat changes with the 5%, you should stop it.

By using the 2%, the side effects might be less agravated or might even not occur.

I think if you feel fine with the 2% you should stick with it.... but make sure you don't experience any little disconfort what so ever.
but you better check you doctor.

I also use minoxidil, and would like to ask one question:

it took 1 year of minoxidil use before you experienced side effects? or did you feel any little changes on you heart beat from the begining of the treatment?