Side Effects?

Mr Wabbit

Reaction score
Hello, Iv been using minoxidil twice daily now for about 3 1/2 months. Lately iv been itching all over e.g. arms and legs, is it prossible that the minoxidil could be causing the itches or is it just in my mind......

Thanks in advance

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
It is unlikely. Usually the irritation os due to the solvent, ppg, and not to the actual minoxidil. Is there another possible reason? Maybe you are alergic to something in your laundry detergent.

Mr Wabbit

Reaction score
Hi, Thanks for the reply. I was thinking this. but i just wanted to check if it was possible that minoxidil might be causing it.

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey i suffer on and off from what u describe..not just my head but my whole body.
Im pretty sure my body itches are caused by the cold winter weather. this happens every winter to me. perhaps its relevant in ur situation to you too

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
If it happens only in the winter then it must be due to dryness. Maybe you need to get a humidifier for your home.

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dinzy said:
If it happens only in the winter then it must be due to dryness. Maybe you need to get a humidifier for your home.

I agree about the need for a humidifier in the winter. I actually place a big jar of water near all radiators, with a wick-like device, to draw up water, evaporate, and spread humidity throughout the house. The hardest part is filling up the jars every few days. Visitors to my home during the winter even comment how much easier it is for them to breathe, and how little static shock they experience. ;)

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
i experience rashes on my arm, neck and face when i just started minoxidil. i reduce the amount and slowly build up again. after a few weeks, it getting better and better until it no longer bother me anymore.

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Me too. I get hives on my arms that are always itchy. Even my back. I remember it starting around the time I started minoxidil.