Side Effects increase with Increasing levels of finasteride!

blakes30

Established Member
Reaction score
0.25mg of Propecia causes much less side effects than 1mg.

1mg of Propecia causes much less side effects than 5mg. Merck and the FDA both have data that prove this to be true.

I know it "seems" like it would only make sense---if a drug has a threshold effect for it's efficacy on stated parameters, it seems like taking more of the drug would be harmless---right? Wrong!!!
This type of thinking implies a general lack of knowledge about chemicals and how they affect the human body. Of course, most people who "practice medicine" have to go through 8 years of school before they are allowed to do so. This schooling is what teaches them that what "seems" like it would make sense, many times does not in the world of medicine and science.

Just as an example--Aspirin.
Aspirin, like most other drugs but not all, has a plateau effect. This means that at around 1,000 mg, the analgesic effect of the drug tops out. If you take 2,000 or 5,000 or 100,000 mg, your pain relief will be exactly the same as if you just took 1,000. HOWEVER---if you take 10,000 mg of aspirin--you will most likely die from cardiopulmonary arrest. Of course, many more toxic symptoms will be evident at even much lower doses than this, but maybe not fatal.

Now--if it really is true that increasing finasteride dose has no response on side-effects, then it is also true that one could take as much as one wanted to. It would be pefectly healthy and ok to take a full month supply of proscar in one day. It would also be fine to take a 6 month supply of proscar all in one day.

If anyone really believes that increasing the dose of finasteride does not cause more side-effects, I propose an experiment!!! If you will document and agree to a monitored study, I will personally pay for the 5mg finasteride pills. The study will include taking 20 pills per day for a period of 4 weeks, with a report of any increase in symptoms. Anyone willing to participate, let me know.

G

But 0.25 mg of propecia blocks almost as much 5ar2 as 1 mg, which blocks almost as much as 5 mg. how do you explain that with regard to lower supposed incidence of side effects

blakes30

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
But 0.25 mg of propecia blocks almost as much 5ar2 as 1 mg, which blocks almost as much as 5 mg. how do you explain that with regard to lower supposed incidence of side effects

with aspirin, 100,000mg has the same effect on the brain chemicals that cause/block pain as 1,000 mg
1,000 mg is usually harmless. 100,000 mg will kill you---how do you explain THAT?