Side Effects From finasteride & When To Quit

sgtgez

Reaction score
I started taking Propecia at 0.5 mg EOD.

Noticed sides at about day 5. Slight ache and swelling in my testicles, and reduced sensation/feeling in my penis. Things were feeling numb. This got worse over the next 3 days (I only took one more 0.5 mg dosage in sticking with my EOD plan) and decided to quit. Worse as in, pain and swelling was uncomfortable when just sitting down. And the numbness resulted in anti-climactic sex and almost no sensation during. I'd say sensation was about 30% of baseline.

Its now been 2 weeks and things are back to normal.

I am wondering if I could stick it out and see thing's get better. The reason I quit is I wanted to make sure that things would go back to normal if I did quit after having started this drug. My other concern is that reading about the guys who’ve had recurring problems, it is often reported that the symptoms I had were the same as what they started with ... but they stayed on the drug.

dunno

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's hard to say, the drug acts differently for each individual. It's a risk you'd be taking, noone here can tell you that side effects will pass. However, i could share my experience: First 1-2 weeks of finasteride i had so many different side effects like: brain fog? (idk i felt like a vegetable for like 4 whole days), retarded ejaculation for a couple of days, had problems taking a sh*t for a couple days. after the 1-2 weeks it all stabilized and back to normal and i still take finasteride to this day on (that was around 4 years ago)

Bobster231

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I experienced the testicle and prostate pain immediately. Was hard to get an erections and decreased sensation down there.

I couldn't handle the sides. finasteride gave me prostatitis.

tushar135

My Regimen
Reaction score
The same happened with me. I took 1mg finasteride for four consecutive days. Three days went fine. On fourth day, I got sides - Watery semen, burning sensation in my p*nis. Then I also got ED which had never happened to me in my entire life which scared the sh*t out of me. Also, got some swelling in my right testicle. I saw a urologist and after a couple of days I was fine; got my erections back. Still got watery semen though.

I am not sure if I should try finasteride again or not but seeing the sight of my thinning hair in the mirror wants me to take that chance; albeit with a smaller dose. Or maybe I will try the topical finasteride solution. Haven't heard anyone getting any sides from it. I have a few friends who use Morr-F and they don't even know about the possible side effects from finasteride.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If its 1mg too much. Try 0.5mg even EOD.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took finasteride for 1 month (1.25 mg/day) but stopped as I was prone to sides. What I got on the finasteride was poor sleep (would wake up at 400am) and probably slurred speech and decreased ejaculate volume.

I am now taking 15 mg/day of RU 58851, and I might add CB 0301 soon, though it is expensive but supposedly it is side effect free.

My recommendation to people wishing to take finasteride is to start at the lowest possible dose and work your way up. That means dissolving finasteride tablets in alcohol (rum, vodka, etc) and starting at maybe 0.03 mg/day oral liquid finasteride a day, working up to 0.05 or 0.10 mg/day and stopping at either side effects or 0.20 mg/day, whichever comes earliest. 0.20 mg/day is the lowest dose to have been shown to be very effective at fighting hair loss in studies, though there's reason to believe that even 0.05 mg/day would work.