Side Effects After Switching To Proscar

rlf

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been taking 1mg of finasteride (Propecia) for 15 years with great effect. After unnecessarily dabbling with the dosage last year and seeing worsening I went back to 1mg. And after all those years I finally made the switch to Proscar End of July, taking a quarter a day.I also added 50mg of Ru at that time.

In May I also had some big psychological problems (not finasteride related, I always had these occasionally even before finasteride).
Doctor prescribed a Neuroleptic.

So right when my anxiety began my libido went down, as expected. But in the last few days I have no erections at all. This again triggers even more anxiety.

I really only paid attention to this in the last 2 days. Before that I definitley had erections when kissing a girl or something.

So Yesterday I could achieve an erection after some stimulation. Today I was so anxious to see if I could get an erection that I jerked myself off without really getting hard.

Could this be the finasteride? Or my psychological situation? The neuroleptic?

Today I'm having anxiety attacks at the thought of this being because of Proscar. Because I can't bear the thought of being forced to go off finasteride and loosing my hair.

I didn't have a problem for 15 years. Of course there where times when I was down and libido was reduced, but I always could get an erection.

Its a vicious circle the more anxious I get the less likely I'm to having an erection.

Anyone know what to do?

Rdx

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been taking 1mg of finasteride (Propecia) for 15 years with great effect. After unnecessarily dabbling with the dosage last year and seeing worsening I went back to 1mg. And after all those years I finally made the switch to Proscar End of July, taking a quarter a day.I also added 50mg of Ru at that time.

In May I also had some big psychological problems (not finasteride related, I always had these occasionally even before finasteride).
Doctor prescribed a Neuroleptic.

So right when my anxiety began my libido went down, as expected. But in the last few days I have no erections at all. This again triggers even more anxiety.

I really only paid attention to this in the last 2 days. Before that I definitley had erections when kissing a girl or something.

So Yesterday I could achieve an erection after some stimulation. Today I was so anxious to see if I could get an erection that I jerked myself off without really getting hard.

Could this be the finasteride? Or my psychological situation? The neuroleptic?

Today I'm having anxiety attacks at the thought of this being because of Proscar. Because I can't bear the thought of being forced to go off finasteride and loosing my hair.

I didn't have a problem for 15 years. Of course there where times when I was down and libido was reduced, but I always could get an erection.

Its a vicious circle the more anxious I get the less likely I'm to having an erection.

Anyone know what to do?
Take a warm bath,make your room dark then play a good hardcore p**rn and try fapping.If u can get hard erection you are having problems cause of anxiety. @.@

rlf

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't get it hard. I even tried a Kamarga and it didn't really work.

No sh*t I'm having anxiety. I got an appointment with a Doctor tomorrow. I guess he will tell me to get off finasteride, which would be a desaster for me. I just can't let go of my hair! Hair and Sex are equal important to me.

I hope it's something else. It came so quickly. Last week I could still gap, though it took a while because of my anxiety. Now I can't get it hard. WTF!

Rdx

My Regimen
Reaction score
Kamarga = v****? These things fails most of the time in anxiety

rlf

Established Member
Reaction score
I used it success fully before when being nervous about sex with a girl. But now it doesn't even work for fapping!

Of course I have anxiety while fapping, thinking please get hard and it just psychs me out.

Tonight I woke up and my dick was a bit hard. Though could have still been the Kamarga.

rlf

Established Member
Reaction score
Could it be Ru? Maybe it went systemic? If so, how long would it take to recover from that?

Rdx

My Regimen
Reaction score
You tried fapping with hardcore p**rn? I still remember those days where i took v**** and waited for erection lol(I had PIED). More the anxiety less the chance of erection. Cant say much about ru or finasteride cause these drugs work differently on everyone.

rlf

Established Member
Reaction score
I tried fapping while anxiously waiting to get hard. Extremly hard to focus. Disnt watcj p**rn, but never had a problem with just fantasy before. Yesterday I at least managed to c*m while not really being hard, today its just flacid. Don't know what to do if Doctor says to quit finasteride, can't imagine myself going bald in a few months. Hell no! I just hope this clears up, these days are horrible!

Rdx

My Regimen
Reaction score
Give hardcore p**rn a try, just to test.I was there also,not able to get hard with fantasies.
Remember this is just to test wether u have problems cause of anxiety. How old r u btw?

rlf

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 40, on finasteride 1mg for 15 years, 1,25mg since end of June. Until May I fapped daily and had loads of sex...Since then Libido reduced due to psych. problems, but dick still worked OK. Now since a few days total desaster.

Rdx

My Regimen
Reaction score
Doctors can't tell if its related to finasteride or ru,sad but true.All u can do is, drop all drugs for a week or two.Go out with friends,get drunk or go for a family vacation and distract yourself from anxiety.Don't know about ru but my hair transplant surgeon said hundreds of his patients taking finasteride from years without a prob(except ball ache in start) including me(but i m newbie) and most of the times problems are psychological or related to something else.Even he don't do hair transplant without finasteride @/@
These r just my opinions,its your precious life and only u can take decisions over what u hear or read.

rlf

Established Member
Reaction score
So my theories to what caused this are:

Upping finasteride dose, first to 1mg a day (I tool 1mg EOD for 9 months)

Adding RU

Anxiety and stress, as well as medication (though I have to say that before these sides I finally started feeling better mentally, not well, but slightly better)

I skipped Ru and finasteride today, maybe I'll tale finasteride EOD again (though this was when I saw worsening of my hair, grrr) and pause Ru for a week.

The Doctor can at least give advice what to do and give medication...

rlf

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, with 100mg Sil and some p**rn I managed to get a good erection and also jizzed. Felt Good. Lets see how things go from here.

rlf

Established Member
Reaction score
I will. This time it was impossible. Was too anxious and couldn't get hard to save my life. Hope it's getting better.

Rdx

My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand, these things can make any men nervous. Good thing is you r getting gud erections with p**rn,it means you have severe performance anxiety.Still talking with your Doctor is gud idea and u should tell your reactions with p**rn.

rlf

Established Member
Reaction score
Na, don't forget that I took 100mg Sil. The good erection doesn't mean that I could achieve this without the Sil. But at least I'm not totally castrated like I felt the last 2 days.

Rdx

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup,thats why you should give it one more try next day without v****.Meanwhile try to reduce anxiety.

Reactions: rlf

rlf

Established Member
Reaction score
Managed to get hard and c*m 2 times today without Sil, though it took a while to get hard. Hope it's getting better.

Reactions: Rdx