Side Effects After Quitting Finasteride

Mattias

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey!

Quit finasteride and everything else (Like zinc and magnesium) after one year of use (from 1mg Ed to 0.5mg eod) 10 days ago and I experience sides effects like 0 libido, ED, some ball ace and tingling sensation in my nipples (gyno).

My estrogen is obviously very high atm.
I can imagine my hormones are on some sort of roller coaster atm. Is it "normal" for the body to react like this after quitting? Can it take a while for the hormones to get back to normal?

Thank you

Mattias

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course you suggest worst possible cenario. Thanx, got that out the way.

Anyone else?

g.i joey

Reaction score
Hey!

Quit finasteride and everything else (Like zinc and magnesium) after one year of use (from 1mg Ed to 0.5mg eod) 10 days ago and I experience sides effects like 0 libido, ED, some ball ace and tingling sensation in my nipples (gyno).

I can imagine my hormones are on some sort of roller coaster atm. Is it "normal" for the body to react like this after quitting? Can it take a while for the hormones to get back to normal?

Thank you

Hey man, give it a full month or 2 for your hormones to adjust and level out to pre finasteride, you didn't really take t for a short stint so your hormones may took some time to readjust. It's definitely normal for someone who was experiencing side effects while on the drug, just help your body recover in a healthy environment, if side effects persist after 2-3 months THENNn we can talk about the possibility of it being persistent, for now your body is readjusting and what's happening is completely normal for someone who had side effects WHILE on the drug.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey!

Thank you

How are you doing now?

Mattias

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How are you doing now?

Hi man,

Im doing good now.

I took arimidex to lower my estrogen for a few months and slowly took the dose down. Im now completely of all meds and everything works as it should . My libido is back stronger then ever and i have no problems with my dick . Feels great to feel normal again. It was ruff for a while when i quit and everything went to sh*t. Happy to be back at baseline

MattyNJ1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went on (similar dosage) for almost 3 months, coming off i dreaded the PFS everybody talks about, but for me it made sense PFS is merely a hormonal "crash" and really should be expected....I logged my entire experience with finasteride, every detail due to all the horror stories i read before trying it out. There is absolutely a "crash" for me it lasted 8 days. It was strange you can tell your body was trying to right itself. I felt some anxiety and even emotional like a chick....but a week later i was fine. Expecting the crash, i weened off the drug, and supplemented with Maca, Zinc, and some other high test boosting supplements. It worked for me....

sjtuzhujie

Reaction score
Hey!

Thank you

What else have you done for the recovery?

I am off the drug for about 2 month and a week. Things only get a little better so far. I still have ED and insomnia now.

Do you feel better overnight or it comes back gradually?

Mattias

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What else have you done for the recovery?

I am off the drug for about 2 month and a week. Things only get a little better so far. I still have ED and insomnia now.

Do you feel better overnight or it comes back gradually?

Nothing except Arimidex to get estrogen under control. It took me a while to get better, had to wait it out.