Side Effects 8 Months After Quitting Finasteride

Worriedguy360

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi . I used finasteride for 6 months 0.5mg / day and had sexual side effects like ball ache first and then ED and loss of libido decreased sensitivity etc.. I quit in Jan 2018 cause of this and i recovered fully. I had good morning wood and libido and everything.

Now 8 months later in Oct 2018 i realised i was losing hair so I used minoxidil 5% topically and around that time I had ball ache again and followed by mild ED and loss of morninng wood now.. I also think i'm having decreased sensitivity down there just like when I was on finasteride. However i've not taken finasteride since Jan 2018 and I quit Minoxidil 2 weeks ago too. I dont know if its a coincidence i used Minoxidil right around the time side effects returned or it was caused by Minoxidil.

Am i having the infamous Post Finasteride crash? Is that even possible after 8 months? Did anyone experience this?? Please help me! I'm so worried...

veneno

My Regimen
Reaction score
that sucks man,im 5 month in and having some mild sides the same as you, try to have a blood test and supplement with some zinc

Worriedguy360

My Regimen
Reaction score
that sucks man,im 5 month in and having some mild sides the same as you, try to have a blood test and supplement with some zinc
Did you have side effects long after quitting finasteride?? or on Minoxidil?? I just want to be normal again

veneno

My Regimen
Reaction score
im on finasteride and have some mild sides like decreased libido and some balls ache comes and goes , wjen i take zinc i get increased libido and ball ache is gone

Worriedguy360

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay I see.. I'm glad it works for you :) I quit cause I didnt want to risk getting persistent sides such as decreased libido.. i heard that Propecia may causes persistent sides (crash) after you stop and longer you use it the chances of that happening gets higher.... I quit some time back and I still feel slightly changed lower libido now 8 months later... that can't be a coincidence..

Now looking at hair oils and massages to improve hair until I can afford a hair transplant.

youngforster

Reaction score
Minoxidil doesn't cause sexual sides at least for me. I thought I had decreased EQ on minoxidil but it was all in my head. (pardon the pun) But if you use too much minoxidil for your body, decreased blood pressure can cause sexual sides. I use it once per day.

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi . I used finasteride for 6 months 0.5mg / day and had sexual side effects like ball ache first and then ED and loss of libido decreased sensitivity etc.. I quit in Jan 2018 cause of this and i recovered fully. I had good morning wood and libido and everything.

Now 8 months later in Oct 2018 i realised i was losing hair so I used minoxidil 5% topically and around that time I had ball ache again and followed by mild ED and loss of morninng wood now.. I also think i'm having decreased sensitivity down there just like when I was on finasteride. However i've not taken finasteride since Jan 2018 and I quit Minoxidil 2 weeks ago too. I dont know if its a coincidence i used Minoxidil right around the time side effects returned or it was caused by Minoxidil.

Am i having the infamous Post Finasteride crash? Is that even possible after 8 months? Did anyone experience this?? Please help me! I'm so worried...

Don't know.
I DO know for some reason some guys take a LONG time to see effects of reducing the dihydrotestosterone; effects low enough to stop or help regrow.
It took me a year and a half to notice a good amount of recovery, which allowed me to effectively use concealer.
However, finasteride also causes shrinkage, and weak orgasm. So for the next few months I'm going to go on half a pill.
I'll shed.
I'll get close to a slick-bald area again on the crown.
But my d&ck will recover.
Then in about 4 months I'll go on full pill (been through this once already).