Sickness Policy Where I Work Sucks.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm really pissed off with my the sickness policy where I work. I've been off for a few days with a really nasty stomach bug/norovirus. My work has a policy that you have to ring in early every day while sick unless your illness is "life threatening". Apart from being treated like a child I don't see how this is logical. I understand they want to make sure that people don't take the piss but surly there has to be some leeway. For example when I ring in the first day of sickness and I tell the guy I've literally been up all night with this illness, I feel like death and it's obvious that I'm not going to be for at least a few days and the guy still tells me I need to get up early the next morning to ring in and update them. How the **** does that help? Apart from anything else I've had no sleep at all so how does making me get up early the next day help? It's not going to help me get better is it?
Also, the sick line guy is a complete jobs worth who asks the most annoying, moronic questions such as "When do you think you can come back in?". Seriously? I've got aches all over my body, a blistering headache and stuff coming out of both ends non stop - How the **** do I know how long this is going to last?
One day mid week I just thought "screw it I'm not ringing in today" and the next day when I rang in the guy was arsey with me.
The whole thing feels like pressure and scare tactics to me. Has anyone else had to put up with stuff like this where they work?
Anyway, rant over. I'm going back to bed now.