shut off my balls

Hpower

Established Member
Reaction score
i read the script about the soy and the rats and they said the rat that had its balls tied produced no dht-will this work for me? i know i wont be able to have kids but maybe i can sped a few grand and have my sperm frozen or somthing like that? just a thought!

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
:shock: you said it, Cassin.

Dude. If you castrate yourself you'll lose your desire and ability to have sex.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
So you want to get castrated to stop your hairloss?
I don't know where I read it but I remeber an article saying that castration doesn't always stop hair loss.

Bismarck

Reaction score
I'm not sure but isn't DHT produced in the prostate and not in the testicles? So make sure that your prostate is also removed!

BIS

Last blade

Established Member
Reaction score
Castration as a cure is most certainly worse than the disease.Get your balls cut off and your less than human.No woman, no matter how desperate or even blind will ever be interested.

extremekicks

Established Member
Reaction score
Ha i wanna cut off my nutts to...damn ur a fool son

get a clue and get a check up from the neck up

pce Brian

Hpower

Established Member
Reaction score
please dont think that i really was going to have my tubes tied :shock:
i only am responding to the artical and what it said :lol: im way to healthy right now to go that far!!!

extremekicks

Established Member
Reaction score
Well get ur prostate removed....Me and BHD can do i for a few hundred. He's in NJ and Im in Pa.

I need some beer money.

Pce

Bismarck

Reaction score
Jude said:
Where exactly is the prostate located? The scooch?

You Doctor should be able to notice it if he puts his finger into your a**h**. Therefore it should be located in that area.

BIS

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
im pretty sure dht is produce in the testicles...seeing as its a bi-product of testosterone which is produced in the testicles.

bizarre as it sounds, id actually thought about the same thing. i thought it was possible to have a vasectomy in the sense that you stop producing sperm but can still get horny and have sex etc. is there no way to do something similar with dht....?

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No there isnt. Sperm has a specific destination, so it travels through a tube, which is easy enough to cut (actually there is a new technique where they simply clamp the tube, making the procedure easy to reverse)

Testosterone has no specific destination, and so after it is produced in the glands it goes straight into the bloodstream.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I figured testosterone is converted to DHT in the bloodstream. Either way there'd be no seperating the testosterone from the DHT in the testicles.

And, of course, you want your testosterone. DHT for the most part we can do without,. but without testosterone you most likely lose all sexual function, find it harder to build/maintain muscle, and end up a fat, dumpy girlish man.

Bismarck

Reaction score
flux said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I figured testosterone is converted to DHT in the bloodstream. Either way there'd be no seperating the testosterone from the DHT in the testicles.

I think too that DHT is produced in the bloodstream. But this is done by the 5a-reduktase enzymes and where are they produced ? In the testicles? In the prostate?

Zax

Reaction score
Even if you become a eunich, your body still produces testosterone. The adrenal glands produce about 10% of testosterone of your body. It also produces DHT (at the zona reticularis).

Besides that, as other people stated, you'll become more feminine.

Your muscle mass will decrease, your fat tissue will increase, you'll completely lose your libido. Your energy level will decrease.

And also, you won't lose body hair, mustache/beard, nor will any hair you already lost on your head reappear.

Besides, if you are so afraid of hairloss to go with castration, there are drugs your doctor can prescribe you that will cut off all testosterone creation, allowing you to experience the effects of castration, that are completely reversible once you get off the drugs.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Bismarck, my understanding is that the 5-alpha reductaze type I enzyme is produced in the sebaceous glands which feed into hair follicles and therefore testosterone is converted into DHT in the scalp. But 5-alpha enzymes are also produced in the prostate and adrenal glands which, I assume, explains DHT's presence in blood - I'm not certain whether it's this circulatory or the locally (in hair follicle) produced DHT that plays the biggest role in male pattern baldness - that's one for the scientists among us.

Edited to cause confusion.

Bismarck

Reaction score
Slartibartfast said:
Bismarck, my understanding is that the 5-alpha reductaze type I enzyme is produced in the sebaceous glands (and prostate and adrenal ones) which feed into hair follicles and that it is the localized (in hair follicle) conversion of testosterone to DHT which plays the biggest part in male pattern baldness rather than circulatory DHT.

Thank you, Slarti. That would make Dutasteride (dual inhibitor) better for the purpose of fighting male pattern baldness. If I only knowed why Glaxo has canceled the trial.....

BIS