showing off my bald spot!

FrancoSJ

Reaction score
Ok! So I've been losing my hair since the age of 18 and I'm damn well sure its genetic, as males on both sides of my family have male pattern baldness to some degree. I've signed up to this forum in the hope that someone will be able to provide some advice as to what to do next. I'd just like to hear your thoughts on what you can see in the pictures and if there would be any point in trying to recover what is left?

Many Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1212[1].jpg
    IMG_1212[1].jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_1215[1].jpg
    IMG_1215[1].jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_1217[1].jpg
    IMG_1217[1].jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 215

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pics are poor but it seems you have a lot of hair on top that is miniaturized possibly?

I would start the big 3 (finasteride + minoxidil 5% liquid + nizoral 1% or 2% shampoo) This might do something but certainly wont come close to regrowing everything. After a year or 2 years on medicatin you can evaluate the option of a hair transplant to supplement whatever regrowth you don't get from the medications. Or you could just stay on the meds and not get the transplant

Another option is a high quality hair piece such as this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVeNrJukg0I&list=UUrjptxsXJD2QQOc7JmGrUnA
The big 3 can't make miniaturized hair thicker ?
yes it can that is what it is good at

massa

Banned
Reaction score
Pics are poor but it seems you have a lot of hair on top that is miniaturized possibly?

I would start the big 3 (finasteride + minoxidil 5% liquid + nizoral 1% or 2% shampoo) This might do something but certainly wont come close to regrowing everything. After a year or 2 years on medicatin you can evaluate the option of a hair transplant to supplement whatever regrowth you don't get from the medications. Or you could just stay on the meds and not get the transplant

Another option is a high quality hair piece such as this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVeNrJukg0I&list=UUrjptxsXJD2QQOc7JmGrUnA
yes it can that is what it is good at

Wow that hair piece in that video is the first wig i've seen that actually looked like real hair. Bet it would cost a bomb though

19 yo nw7 ftw

Reaction score
Yes i already started minoxidil and finasteride 1 month ago but my male pattern baldness is very aggressive so i'm moving to duta very soon, and nizoral will also come soon, there still is one thing i'm affraid of, it's that duta increases testosterone right ? and i think i have a higher testo level than the average because i have a lot of body hairs everywhere ( except back ) but i'm not sure about that, i'm just guessing that early male pattern baldness + lot of body hairs/beard = high testo, i should check this asap. So i'm afraid that if it's the case, duta won't work for me because of that testo level... but anyway i'll stay on dutasteride+ru+minoxidil+nizoral for 1-1.5 years and then see what happens...( oral minoxidil looks so great... but heart risks too :s )

massa

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think testosterone has a whole lot of say on hair loss maybe a small amount as all androgens do to a certain degree but not a lot. The most important thing is to block 5AR enzyme and the creation of DHT and dutasteride is best for that.