Shower water could lead to increased shed

kt_hair

Reaction score
Just wanted to share with you guys that shower water could lead to increased shed. I know that the reason for hair loss is basically internal and the shower water is only an exciting cause for hair-loss.
I did some research online and found that there is a possibility that the water we get in our house has sufficient quantity of chlorine which could affect the quality of the hair. So the next thing I did was to purchase a water filter - costs about $60...The surprising thing was, the amount of hair that i lose (which I measure by counting the number of hairs in my hands and fingers when I rub Crinagen and Tricomin on my head + the number of hairs I see in the towel when I dry my hair using it) almost reduced by 50% on the first day itself...Its been almost a week since I am using the shower water filter and, I must say, the hairloss has definitely decreased to about 25% of what it was before.
But since, the basic problem is internal, I am also using crinagen, Tricomin and Nizoral...Let's see how it goes...

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
This is totally ridiculous. If you are going to claim something it would really help if it was consistent with known information. Hair sheds becasue it went into telogen as long as 100 days earlier. What do you think the Chlorine magically removes hair by totally dissolves all the dead tissue that typically anchors it to the scalp for 3 months?

Did you ever think that it could be due to treatments working or a seasonal shed subsiding? Sometimes things are just coincidental.

The fact that you actually beleive this crap leads me to believe that others will as well. I hope they won't though because filtering shower water is a waste of money.

Britannia

Reaction score
BS

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Yep, money burned and expectations dashed. However, maybe the time spent in your DIY filter installation took your mind away from male pattern baldness worries for a brief period.

kt_hair

Reaction score
I agree that it could be psychological also....with too many parameters its hard to pin-point the exact reason.

Britannia

Reaction score
News just in: Daylight cause male pattern baldness. Studies have shown 100% of men suffering male pattern baldness have in fact been exposed to daylight at sometime in their lives :shock: .

Britannia

Reaction score
News just in: Daylight cause male pattern baldness. Studies have shown 100% of men suffering male pattern baldness have in fact been exposed to daylight at sometime in their lives :shock: .

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In my countey the last few years , the water is made by reverse osmosis technology which is supposed to produce a water which is purer than water harvested and processed from original natural sources.

What is reverse osmosis ?

A technology that makes use of the ability of certain semi-permeable membranes to separate water from the substances dissolved in it.

By applying a certain pressure, the water is forced through the membrane: the pure water (permeate) will be separated from the water containing the salts (reject).

The osmotic membrane, which reaches the highest practicable level of filtration, acts as a barrier to salts and inorganic matter, and also to organic substances: it therefore provides an excellent defense against micropollutants, pesticides, pyrogenics, viruses and bacteria that may also be found in the water.

Reverse Osmosis is a physical type of procedure that does not require the use of any chemical regenerants.

Reverse Osmosis technology has been rapidly winning acclaim, and it took hold quickly owing to its versatility, its excellent performance and its simple application.

Now what does this do for male pattern baldness?

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The water has nothing to do with male pattern baldness but the chemicals that come out like chlorine do affect your hair and skin.

kt_hair

Reaction score
Its been 10 days since I've started to use the shower filter. I am certainly seeing less hair fall now compared to what it was before. The exact reason can always be debated/agreed/disagreed upon...In terms of the shininess or texture of the hair, I see no difference whatsoever.

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
kt_hair said:
Its been 10 days since I've started to use the shower filter. I am certainly seeing less hair fall now compared to what it was before. The exact reason can always be debated/agreed/disagreed upon...In terms of the shininess or texture of the hair, I see no difference whatsoever.

pls do note that when u have male pattern baldness, many things can be turn out to be psychological illusions. Like how some posters here claim their male pattern baldness stopped after 3 days of propecia use...U need to differentiate between illusion and reality..