Shower Filter- use it....

Redbone

Reaction score
I don't know about you chaps in the U.K but in the United States we have municipal water treated with high contents of Chlorine. Some say that Chlorine excentuates baldness which very well may be true or not.

One thing is for sure it causes a harsh environment for your hair, especially those of us who are poor balding bastards. Chlorine strips away neccessary oils and bacteria that are neccessary for healthy hair. A good shower filter will negate the chlorine and give you a much better shampoo. Within a week your hair and skin will feel much healthier.

Those of you who swim alot or own a pool know how harsh chlorine can be on skin and hair.

Just a little healthy advise from your neighborhood film star.....

Redbone

Reaction score
Search the web. I did have a Paragon shower filter from Home Depot last year and it worked fine for around $40, was really sweat taking a shower in that purified water.

I just bought the best filter going the Aquasana, it sells for about $62 delivered go to their web site. Others on this site who bough it like it as well.

For $60 some odd dollars you are going to get benefits so it is worth it. It may not stop baldness but will definately help your hair- this I guarantee as I know what Chlorine and other chemicals do.

TheBaldingMenace

Established Member
Reaction score
Redbone, what an excellent idea! We've got well water where I live so I don't really have to worry about all of the chlorine. But I think that I'll try out your idea as there's nothing worse than a hard water shower!

nohairnodandruff

Established Member
Reaction score
I started noticing my hairloss when I moved out my parents house into apt. lately i've been going back to my parents house to take showers because something inside me believes its the Apt water that is causing me to lose my hair!

Redbone

Reaction score
Big Naturals

8th Street Latina's

Bang Brothers

etc... :lol:

seriously the shower filter is a good thing, what have you got to loose for $62? It is guaranteed to remove 90% of Chlorine and all other nasty stuff. It's like showering in spring water..... Leaving hair full of life and allowing your shampoo to reach its maximum effectiveness.

G

That is a great idea redbone. I would also like to know if it effects the water pressure because I have poor pressure anyways. Also how often do you have to change the filter?

Edit - nevermind I just ordered an aquasana. Cant wait to try it out.