Shower at night or morning?

Mr. Recessive

Reaction score
I've showered in the morning my entire life. The water sharpens me up and helps me get better prepared for work. Simply put, I just feel better, knowing that I'm headed to work fresh and clean.

I'm thinking of changing this... TONIGHT for the good of my scalp.

You see, like a lot of men in my age bracket (20-25), I've been using pomade, putty and styling clays in my hair for years now. Before this stuff was getting mainstream use, a stylish hairdresser suggested that I switch to it, instead of using gel, YEARS ago and I haven't looked back ever since. I have fine hair and back in those old days, that hair putty/pomade/clay stuff was like my secret weapon.

Now, I'm wondering if it's my achilles heel. You see, I put it on as soon as my hair dries when I get out of the shower in the morning. From there, it stays in my hair, where the oils and other chemicals in the product slowly seep their way down and onto my scalp. By the time I go to bed at night, my scalp feels oily and sometimes sort of itchy. It just doesn't make sense to only have a clean scalp for only 10-15 minutes a day, does it?

For this reason, I think I'm about to go have a shower and continue to shower at night whenever I can. Does anybody else do the same thing for scalp reasons?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forums Mr. Recessive. It's true that a healthy scalp is a very very important thing when you're fighting hair loss. If you feel that you're gooking it up and you're experiencing irritation as well, then your idea sounds like it might be a good one.

HairLossTalk.com

Mr. Recessive

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
Welcome to the Forums Mr. Recessive. It's true that a healthy scalp is a very very important thing when you're fighting hair loss. If you feel that you're gooking it up and you're experiencing irritation as well, then your idea sounds like it might be a good one.

HairLossTalk.com

Thanks, HairlossTalk...

I just got out of the shower and I think I'm going to continue with the night shower thing. I figure 8 hours of clean scalp is better than a measly 30 minutes in the morning.

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I do this also. Do you still use the pomade? I have fine hair also and found that it works great, though I never thought to tell anyone else..oops!

Best of luck to you!

misterium

Reaction score
well i shower in the a.m., when i wake up... and use a shampoo & conditioner, get out and while my hair is still wet i apply my alcohol free hair gel.

when i get home at night, i shower it all out again, with a shampoo and conditioner, then i apply folligen and then go to bed later in the night.

i do hope there is nothing wrong with my shampoo / condition ritual.

misterium

Reaction score
I just ordered a can of Murray's brand 'Hair-Glo' pomade...

Never tried a pomade before, and this one was described on Murray's site as being good for slicked-back hair styles... and that's how I style my hair.. so I figure what the sh*t.

I'll see how this change from gel to pomade goes myself ;)

Deaner

Reaction score
I was just gonna suggest that you shower morning and night, if the morning shower helps you, but the night shower is meant to get the stuff outta your hair. Nothing really wrong with this, just make the morning one a bit quick.

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the best stuff I have ever used and still used is called Trix by the company matrix, you have to buy it in a salon or specialty store because they do not sell it in regular stores. My gf who is a cosmo gets it for me, but it is hands down the best stuff I have ever used. It gets the look and keeps it in a matter of seconds.